Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Time!

Saturday was filled with me working on a paper for school...(which I still need to print!!!)

And just prior to that, Hubby, Gage, & I went & bought some pumpkins.
Hubby reeeeeally likes to carve pumpkins. So, I think we went home with 3 large pumpkins & one medium sized pumpkin.

Saturday late afternoon/evening was filled with pumpkin carving...


The pumpkins....




And of course, I fried up some pumpkin seeds in butter & then just coated them in salt. I used Smart Balance, so that makes it better, right? I hear that some people toast 'em instead, but that seems very...un-Southern. I say, fry 'em up!


Afterward....we all piled into Mommy & Daddy's bed to watch Scooby Doo 2.
I fell asleep before Gage's bedtime. I was tired!

:)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:38 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I never heard of frying them. I always bake but you know I will be trying it now.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG. I'm southern too...so I may fry mine too. I've never used the seeds before but I know I like to eat them. :) I'm going to try this year because we have two medium pumpkins and one 60lb pumpkin!!! I'm not joking! I'll have pumpkin seeds til Bay graduates college. lol.

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby has some Mad pumpkin carving skillz! I love the headless horseman.

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Those pumpkins are fabulous!

Up north when I was growing up, we baked them.. Fried sounds good, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home