Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Away...

Well, I tried to escape to a worry-free weekend, but it didn't really end up that way.

How it ended: one tired little boy who had to have his forehead "super-glued" back together (Dermabond instead of traditional stitches).


How it began: a trip to see my mom in Tyler. Late Easter celebration, since we couldn't make it last weekend....

Friday night we got into Tyler to Mom's house...had a late dinner.


Clearly, I was tired....


Saturday.... lazy morning....I played dress-up with my sister. See, she's not really a girly-girl type, or should I say, she has her moments where she is...but on the whole, she's not into fashion & make-up & girly kind of things. So, I made her sit still while I put make-up on her. To which she responded, "Okay, but you need a daughter." Yes, i know. The testosterone around my house is about to make me grow my own penis.


PawPaw was so patient to help Gage ride a bike...


And then a few of us went for a walk around the neighborhood while the other kiddos hid the eggs for the younger ones to hunt.


Zack & Trystan...


And then....the hunt was on!


Sarah, Trystan, & Gage hunted eggs... They all had a good time. Gage & Trystan would open eggs while they were out & about on the hunt, take the candy out, and then throw the rest of the egg down. It was funny.

After things settled down a bit, we ate a wonderful Greenberg Turkey for lunch & dinner...bathed the boys....and Gage was OUT. He was sooooooo asleep.

My mom, sister, & I sat in the living room going through boxes...and boxes....and boxes of pictures. She says, "I'd rather them do this now than when I die!"
She had ELEVEN boxes of unorganized memories. So, we went through more than half of them, but we didn't finish by any means.

We did come upon the little headpieces that I had from Allen's 2nd birthday. It was a bumble-bee theme... "Bee Happy! It's your BIRTHDAY!"
...it really was a cute party...


After that, my mother washed & conditioned my hair....I put on my jammies & got into bed with Gage. A few hours later, I hear something...it was Gage, hitting the floor. He rolled right out of bed! Luckily, they have carpet. He whined a little bit, but I snuggled him & he went back to sleep within a few seconds. He was not hurt.

...until Sunday.
After we loaded up the car & I was making a final walk-through Mom's house to make sure we hadn't forgotten anything---Gage fell in the driveway. I do not know what he hit, but he cut his forehead. The cut itself is more like a puncture wound. Maybe a rock? Maybe a stick? Surely it wasn't a stick.... who knows? Anyway, he came inside all wet. I thought he had just fallen in the puddle in the driveway, but PawPaw came in & said that he'd fallen in the puddle in the driveway, and when I went to brush away what I thought was a wet leaf on his forehead---it was blood just kind of bubbling out & hanging out there. It wasn't streaming down his face or anything...but, it just looked....like a hole. So, we drove up to their ER there in Tyler & they dermabonded him. Poor guy.... doesn't he just look so pitiful in that picture? (first picture in this post.... I took that when we got home from the drive back to Dallas...)

So...that was the weekend for us.
For hubby....things were fine until Saturday night. More blood clots. These, not so big....about the size of a penny. Then there was more blood in his urine....that has decreased since Saturday night. So, this morning we had to f/u with the Urologist again.
Poor guy. This stuff is NEVER-ENDING.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Blogger jennwa said...

Sounds like a busy, busy weekend.

I hope Gage feels better quickly.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Beth said...

What a wonderful family weekend - despite Gage's mishap. Boys will be boys! (Although lots of little girls experience the same kind of accidents.)
And how disheartening that your husband's problems are still not over.

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

So he had a hole in his head huh? Well, all men have them so...

And I just have to ask how big that penis of yours is getting?

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

Looks like you had a nice weekend. My kids love the easter egg hunt! I just have to remember where I hid them all!

Kimmy

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Aw, poor Gage! Sounds like it was an awesome weekend otherwise. I am sorry that your dh is having continued trouble. I pray there is a good end to this soon.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh my...an excellent weekend ended in a terrible little mishap...hope he is recouping well...poor little guy!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor little guy! It sounds like the weekend was still really good, though. Bob's been glued up (on his lip) and the scar is barely visible now. I'm sorry about your hubby. Hopefully the follow-up appointment went well!

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm sorry about your boys' weekend. Sounded good up until almost the end...

Dermabond is the coolest. Hubby busted his forehead open a little less than 24 hours before our wedding. I kid you not. No stitches--just "super glue" and I can't see a scar.

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Yikes! Your life has been so chaotic lately. For your sake, I hope this week is really boring and mundane.

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your family...now everyone up there - HEAL! And rest, okay?

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

A very busy/eventful weekend I see. Dermabond... wonderful stuff, several of my kids have had that used on their noggins too.

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger C. said...

* ouch * Poor wee bean!

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oohh poor little Gage!! I had to laugh at your comment about growing your own penis though! LOL!

 
At 5:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww little guy...I hope he is feeling better too.

Hubby as well. Keeping you guys in my prayers. Thanks for reminding me about clots...another post surgery questions to jot down :)

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Nice weekend except for the ending. :( Poor Gage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home