Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Odds & Ends...

Lots of random news to report....

Hubby is sick. Kidney Stone & an infection. Not good.

I got an A in my class for Fall 2007 semester, so I'm still rockin' the 4.0!

I got my digital camera back. It's all fixed & perfect again. Yippy! But now---I can't find the freaking cord to upload pics onto the computer! UGH. I have to find that. ...soon.

My hair is falling out....again. 2 new spots found last night. Still have one big one that's growing in white. What a nightmare. So tempted to pull a Britney & be done w/ the hair thing for good.

Christmas is right around the corner!
Today is 12/22. I have to work until 4:30. After that---over to my in-law's for Christmas on hubby's side of the family.
Tomorrow: going to my mom's in Tyler.
Monday----another work day.
Monday night---Christmas eve!
Tuesday: Christmas! Finally, a day off....and a holiday at that!

This year....never got the Christmas lights up on the house.
This year...never got the deer out in the yard.
This year...didn't even get a real Christmas tree (this is a first since my husband & I have even known each other).
This year....hardly decorated at all. In fact, we pulled all of the tubs of stuff out of the attic....and there are some in my room....a couple in the hall....a few in the living room....
Where's my Christmas spirit, right?

I don't know...
Everything just feels so weird about this Christmas. Certainly I've been hyped about my gifts so far! But, it just doesn't seem like I'm in the Christmas mood...
Maybe it will hit me on Christmas Eve when I'm helping Santa put toys together....or maybe Christmas morning when I see Baby Gage all excited....

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Angel said...

aww...that sucks about the hair. I would totally shave it and forget about it. I say Go Britney!

have a Merry Christmas!!! even if you don't have any lights, or many decorations. ;)

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Too bad about hus being sick and your hair. I hope it grows back soon, perhaps after the holidays(stress)? Great news on your camera and and A in class. Keep up the good work. I didn't take out all my decorations either this year to the disappointment of my kids. Oh, well only so much time in a day.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

I'm sorry about your hubster. I had kidney stones a couple of years ago. Sux big time. Also sucky about the hair. Hope you don't lose too much this time.

But YEAH for your A :)

Hope the Christmas spirit hits both you and me soon!

Heidi

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

Congrats on the 4.0! I hope your Christmas spirit arrives soon!

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Yeah I am soo bah humbug this year and I don't even mean to be. My mantel is the only part of my house that got decorated and it's only because my mom and sister did it for me.

IT's cuz T.I.R.E.D.

 
At 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...Soon for you.

Happy Holidays.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Christy said...

The whole month of December has been a blur, and I honestly cannot believe Christmas is here. It still feels like the end of November to me.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

Having had no hair from chemo I can empathize with you...I learned to live with what I had (or in my case didn't have!) and stopped worrying...it is what it is, even when we'd like it to be something else.

As for spirit...I haven't had much this year either...same as you..I've done some things, others have been left undone and I'm cool with it...I'm just accepting how I'm feeling these days, and going with the flow. My family seems to be okay with it too so that tells me much.

We are just enjoying our days, being together and seeing where it takes us, what we can make from it.

Sending you many Christmas wishes for all the joy, love and laughter your heart can hold!

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

I'm in the same kind of Christmas funk this year. We've been sick, work is crazy....I just can't get in the groove. I feel ya! YAY on the A, though and hope hubby's feeling better soon!!

My warmest holiday wishes!
xo.

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

I hope your husband is feeling better. It is hard to get into the Christmas spirit when family members are sick.

In spite of it all, I hope you find time to enjoy the holidays!

Kimmy

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Love said...

aww...kidney stones are so not fun.
and i'm so sorry about your hair.
hope that your christmas spirit has arrived! i'm sure that it will at least as you watch that adorable gage's eyes light up!! =)

 
At 2:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Em said...

Aw poor husband and you, I'd go with the shaving if its visible and you think there could be more, one of my lads at work and 22 has lost most of his hair due to stress, i kinda see how you muct feel!

Glad you have your camera back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home