Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Celebration 12/22

So, on 12/22, we celebrated Christmas at hubby's mom's house.

Pre-story: I had to work that day. I work in an ER, but I don't wear scrubs.
So, I'm in one of the area nurse's stations, and I'm talking to the clerk, and then...from the ceiling....comes a gush of water. If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and feels like shit---it's probably shit!
Yes, maintenance tried to say that a pan from an ice machine overflowed. No, it was the "hopper" where they empty bedside commodes & bed pans & basically---it's a big fucking toilet. It overflowed & part of the ceiling fell in, and it poured down my left arm & left leg. So gross.
I could NOT move fast enough to get to Radiology to get some scrubs & then go wash off & change.
So, that's what I did.
Of course, I was still due at the in-laws at 5.

So, I was washed & was then in scrubs for the evening.


Gage & Poppa...


Gage got mad when some of the other grandkids called Memaw THEIR Memaw. Wheeeew....


So...that was our 12/22 celebration...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:51 PM , Blogger crabby old man said...

Sounds like You had a real shitty day

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

YES I DID!

 
At 4:43 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Ewwwww....poor you!! Well, I guess...looking on the bright side...at least there were scrubs to change into. It would have really sucked to walk around smelling like shit all day!

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Well at least you were scrubbed. :)

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow, shit really hit the fan.

*giggle*

It looks like you enjoyed the rest of your day though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home