Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Organization....

So...my child likes to line things up.
He likes for there to be order among his cars, among his shoes, among his blocks, etc.
OCD much?

Now, as I was walking through the living room, I came upon this:


Those are his fit-in-his-hand cars. The small ones. He put them on the arm of the couch & parked them just at the edge of a throw pillow.

And then I went into the dining room.
I had grouped all of Gage's shoes together, but he lined them up along the wall.


Now, I didn't originally notice this, but a coworker pointed it out: not only did he pair the matching shoes together, but they all go left-right, left-right.

So, I'm just sitting here today thinking, "Oh my goodness! He's sooooo smart!"
And of course, I had to share!

:)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:50 AM , Blogger Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

Be glad he likes to be organized at such a young age. That's less work for mom to do and you don't have to follow him around the room straightening evey thing he touches. Just a few things right?? =o)

 
At 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. Nicky lines everything up. Cars, shoes, books, and you can always tell he's been playing in the kitchen because the refrigerator magnets will be in a perfect, straight line down the right side of the door.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the left-right shoes.

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

My son also likes to line things up, it's so cute or anal...I'm not sure yet!

Thanks for the sweet comment at my blog, much appreciated!

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger zirelda said...

How cool. I still can't get my daughter to do that and she's 11!

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Maria said...

He is smart. And at his age, they like order, crave it. So, he is manifesting on the outside what is on his outside.

But, they are so tidy! I love that in a person.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Kila said...

My oldest boy and my youngest boy are the same way. Since they were old enough to walk, they like everything organized, and lined up, just so.

Unfortunately, my DH and my middle son make up for it, and the house is trashed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home