Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The New Nursery...

So, at our house, we switched rooms with Baby Gage. And now, now we are painting the new nursery.

I decided that I want to stripe the walls.
I'm not sure if this is going to be a lot of wasted time or not.
I'm not sure if it is going to look waaaaaaaay too busy in there or not.
I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not.
But, we're going to bust our rears trying it...and if it sucks...I'm going to prime right over it & paint it a solid color.

So, the colors for the walls will be yellow, green, & white.

And...Gage was such a..."helper"! Well, I should say he IS a helper. Every time we go in there to work on it a little...he's right there...helping.

He helped himself to the primer when our backs were turned for a second!
He saw the paint on his hands, and it FREAKED HIM OUT!

He just wanted that stuff OFF!

Here we are...primed all over. We've got the tape to mark off the top (solid color) & bottom (stripes). Here, we've penciled in the stripes...


And...taping off the stripes...we stripe, and then rub the tape with paintable caulk for a more perfect line...(it's worked in the past...but man, it's been a pain in the rear for this project! So many stripes!!!)

Damon did the set on the left.
I did the set on the right.
I hate caulking, and caulk hates me.

And then we tested the yellow at the top.
(we're going to paint the ceiling too...so disregard the uneven line...)
It looks pretty tame in this photo...but in person, I think the yellow may be too bright. And, I may opt for the green at the top. I haven't decided yet.


I'll keep the blog posted of the progress.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Blogger Denver Dad said...

Please make sure you keep posting pictures! I'd like to see how this all turns out. Our little guy could probably use something in his room that's a little more visually interesting than whatever shade of white we put up when we were preparing for his arrival, so I appreciate the peek at what you're doing.

Take care!

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Mum to Be said...

Ah bless him - he really doesn't look happy!! We'll watch the decorating progress with interest.

 
At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that work...I can't wait to see it completed. I sure hope you don't have a puppy with all that work being done...*grin*

Thanks for visiting me today!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Holy cow...

I couldn't do this if someone paid me. Today, Liv asked me to draw her a horse and you should have seen it. It looked like a deranged hippo.

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

Hey, I think you're in the DFW area, come see me when you're done. I've got a project for you kiddo!

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Da Mommy said...

Don't be too scared of the yellow, our DD painted her ENTIRE room in yellow at our last house, it was overwhelming for about a week, then I got to really liking it. I would paint yellow again in a heartbeat. You are brave with those stripes, I always wanted to try it but never had the guts, can't wait to see yours when it's done....

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Cate said...

Wow...I've never heard of the caulk trick for masking...I'm going to have to try that! I've always been afraid of doing stripes because it's so hard to get a crisp line!

I'm excited to see how it turns out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home