The New Nursery...
So, at our house, we switched rooms with Baby Gage. And now, now we are painting the new nursery.
I decided that I want to stripe the walls.
I'm not sure if this is going to be a lot of wasted time or not.
I'm not sure if it is going to look waaaaaaaay too busy in there or not.
I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not.
But, we're going to bust our rears trying it...and if it sucks...I'm going to prime right over it & paint it a solid color.
So, the colors for the walls will be yellow, green, & white.
And...Gage was such a..."helper"! Well, I should say he IS a helper. Every time we go in there to work on it a little...he's right there...helping.
He helped himself to the primer when our backs were turned for a second!
He saw the paint on his hands, and it FREAKED HIM OUT!
He just wanted that stuff OFF!
Here we are...primed all over. We've got the tape to mark off the top (solid color) & bottom (stripes). Here, we've penciled in the stripes...
And...taping off the stripes...we stripe, and then rub the tape with paintable caulk for a more perfect line...(it's worked in the past...but man, it's been a pain in the rear for this project! So many stripes!!!)
Damon did the set on the left.
I did the set on the right.
I hate caulking, and caulk hates me.
And then we tested the yellow at the top.
(we're going to paint the ceiling too...so disregard the uneven line...)
It looks pretty tame in this photo...but in person, I think the yellow may be too bright. And, I may opt for the green at the top. I haven't decided yet.
I'll keep the blog posted of the progress.