Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, March 19, 2007

More Firsts.

So....yesterday we had some new "firsts"...

For the 1st time, Gage brought me a book that he wanted read to him. Sure, he's brought me books before, thrown them to me, taken them away from me...etc. This was the first time he willingly sat through the whole story, and then sain, "'gin" (as in, "again"). We read the book at least 3 times in that sitting...

The book is called, "How Many Kisses Goodnight". It's illustrated by Eloise Wilkin, whose work is very well liked by my mom. So, that's why I bought the book in the first place!

Anyway...the story is about a little blonde girl named Jaclyn.
She is getting ready for bed...she takes a bath & brushes her teeth...her mom brushes her hair, and then her mom tucks her into bed.

It's a sweet little book, and Gage loves it.
In the book, there is a little stuffed pig doll. So, for the very first time yesterday, Gage said "pig".

And...he said "shower."
And, he has a phrase: "m'weeeeeng"...that would be, "my swing."

He's growing up so fast!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Blogger Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Very cute!

I'll admit, I got teary-eyed the first time my son brought a book for me to read to him. Even now, months later, I still get a thrill when he picks a stack up and brings it over.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Maria said...

i know. Hold on to that book. Liv's "book" was Where The Wild Things Are.

I loved the time when she was just learning words. I still remember that her first word was "light."

Hang on to these times....

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

I have the best memories of reading to mine when she was young. I'm almost jealous...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home