Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, March 05, 2007

My Commute...I'm the Pavement Princess!

I frequent JenTucker's blog, and she lives in Costa Rica.
She recently posted about her commute...after reading about the commutes of Poppies In Provence (http://poppyinprovence.blogspot.com) & Juliloquy (http://juliloquy.typepad.com). Both of them walk & posted pics from their walks...
Jen drove & posted fun pictures from Costa Rica.

Um....my commute totally sucks. It's filled with traffic jams & billboards.
I seriously could not COUNT the number of billboards I pass each day....
So, I struggled to find some beauty in my commute...

Here's Friday on my way home...(and might I add, nothing beautiful...)

At this point in my drive...I'm usually going about 5 miles an hour, not 55.








[note: pavement, traffic, & billboards.]

Now....here's the pretty part....
Here is part of my commute in the mornings...
In the mornings, I drive East 15 minutes to my Mother-In-Law's house to drop off the baby. Then, I turn around and drive about an hour to work. I LITERALLY pass my house on the way back to work. But, whatever....

Anyway...this the lake I travel over each morning...



And...here I am, leaving the mother-in-law's...heading out for my hour long drive to work.

The lake...beautiful this time of year...but in the summer time, driving over 2 bridges over the lake...your windshield gets covered in big fat lake bugs! It's so gross!

:)
Boring...but now I've shared...

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I would have a heart attack! The longer I live in a rural area the worse I get about traffic. A trip to Nashville leaves me with a tension headache for hours--I couldn't imagine driving in that traffic every day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home