Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, April 22, 2005

Met with Realtor last night...now we need St.Joseph!

Here's something I came upon w/ regard to selling a house:

"The tradition is that you purchase a St. Joseph statue, since he was a carpenter and the patron saint of buying/selling homes.

First you pray to St. Joseph for his assistance in selling your house. Then you bury him upside down, either facing away from the house and TOWARD your new place, or facing your place - either way is fine.

Once the deal is secured (read: closed) you dig him up and display him in your new home - and you tell people about his helping you so they do the same."

**********************************************************
dont know if it will work--but it sure wouldnt hurt to try!!!

So anyway...we met with the realtor from Coldwell Banker last night. We're going to do some things around the house to get it ready to show, and then hopefully start showing it in May...we'd like one more round w/ the bulk trash pick-up people so we can get some more leaves raked & get the old washing machine hauled off....
We'll see how it goes. We had a pretty good feeling about the realtor...

What else??
Dad's in town. I may see him tomorrow morning.
Getting together with Megan & Susan tonight.
May be going to Damon's grandma's tomorrow.

Got my TB skin test today. Oh, the joys of working in a hospital... get it read on Monday. I was hoping that maybe pregnant wouldnt be able to get it...then I wouldnt be able to work until I deliver...and then I could have the next 5 months off! Woohoo! What a plan! Ummm...it didnt work. Darn technology & these stupid safe tests!

Have our "big ultrasound" on Monday morning at 10. They'll confirm it's a boy, and measure everything about him. They said it should take about an hour. I'm excited about that. You really cant ever see him too much!

Still no decisions on a name. Damon swears he is going to name the baby while I'm sleeping. So...if any of you hear me screaming when I wake up--you better rush to Damon's side! He'll need your help if "Rance" appears anywhere on that birth certificate.

Woke up with swollen hands...and I have to say that I think my face is getting a bit full... For those who remember...think of me--Freshman year of college...remember how round/fat my face was then. It may be making a reappearance...

On a brighter note--I'm having a great hair day! I still have to wear it pulled back, but my spots are growing back in. The first one--the big one--the hair in the center is growing in white. Oh well--I'm just glad that it's growing back. The top at the crown of my head is starting to grow back too. Has a ways to go of course, but it's a start... And, the small spot on the other side is not growing back in, but it's not getting any bigger either, so I'm glad about that!

That's all I know.
It's payday.
I paid bills (I hate being a grown-up).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home