Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Delivery Day, Part Two...Big Brother Visits!

So.... I left off on the last post with us going back to our room in L&D... We were there for a short time. We did more skin-to-skin. My mom arrived. They measured Eliette's length, and her temperature. Since she was still a little cold, we did more skin-to-skin... We were moved upstairs pretty quickly. When we got up there, my inlaw's arrived with Gage. We cleared the room so that Gage could have his alone time to meet and hold his sister. He does better when there isn't a crowd watching him react to things... What was the first thing he said when we were alone as a little family of four??? "She's so pretty." {Is that not the sweeeeeetest???}











(How great is that last photo!? I love it!!!!)

I never in a million years would have guessed that Gage would be so taken with her....but he is. He has his moments where he wants attention, but he loves his baby sister. He kisses her all the time. He wants to hold her every day... It's wonderful!

...but, back to delivery day.... Family and friends came for a while, but I was tired and so much of it is a blur to me, honestly. I know that they gave her a bath, and then moved me to a bigger room. I remember those details.
:)







That sweet little girl!

Then, it was more skin-to-skin time, and nursing.... That's when we got moved to the bigger room, and I guess that's when most of the visitors left. I was awake, but tired, and consumed with this new little life...



....and that night, we were up....often.... and we've been up often every night since!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics of Gage & his sister! So sweet!!!

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I love her

 
At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks so happy holding her. He's a natural big brother! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home