Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Puking is the bomb.

Today: first day of morning sickness.
I'm 10w1d.
What I've experienced up until now: afternoon sickness. Afternoon and into the evening nausea.
But today---wake up, brush my teeth, rinse my mouth, dry my mouth, oh-holy-hell-here-it-comes! I got to the toilet in time. Puked. Brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth again.... and then I moved the hell on!

It was AWESOME!
{I mean that in the least bulimic sounding way....}
I actually hate puking. For a brief second, I feel like I'm crying and choking at the same time and I can't breathe, and I'm fairly certain that I will die there, like Elvis, in the bathroom.
But today---I feel refreshed. I feel like I have the whole day before me, and I don't feel nauseous. Yay! Now, granted...it's still morning, and I have yet to experience an afternoon following a morning puke, so maybe I still have afternoon sickness to look forward to.... I choose not to think of it that way. I'm going to believe that won't happen.

:)

Also---from yesterday:
I had an appointment with the RE. That's our baby at 10 weeks. He or she was QUITE the dancer yesterday! I had a bagel with cream cheese and apple juice for breakfast. He or she was quite the fan. It was so fun to watch the baby dance, and fist pump, and kick and cross the little legs. He or she was doing quite a James Brown impression. You go, baby!

Here's what babycenter.com says about my baby:
Though he's barely the size of a kumquat — a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.
He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.
If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

Why, yes, I am an idiot. What's a kumquat? I believe it's some type of fruit...
Here's what I found upon my "research": A kumquat is a small orange fruit generally classed as a type of citrus. It is usually grown as an ornamental, but the fruit can be made into delicious preserves.

I think I actually knew that, but just forgot....
I think Susie Martin's mom had a little kumquat tree on her front porch in a pot. How's that for a random memory from my childhood??? 

Anyway.... 
Life is good today. 
Gage gets out of school early. 
We're going to have a festive Halloween dinner. 
We're going to take Gage Trick-or-Treating. 
I'm going to eat whatever candy I want once Gage falls asleep tonight. 
{Ahhhhh, the joys of parenting! This really is one of the perks. He'll fall asleep, and he'll never remember how many Whoppers he had. Obviously I won't eat his faves, but it totally helps that he and I don't like the same candies! Anything with coconut: automatically belongs to the parents. Any of those sourpatch candies: automatically belong in the trash! Any chocolate with nuts: parents. Any plain chocolate, most of the Reese's, and Jolly Ranchers except for cherry flavored all belong to Gage. Oh! And flavored Tootsie Rolls: nobody liked that shit growing up. We all thought, "Hey, cheap-o, get some better candy!" My kid??? He loves all of them except the vanilla (they are in the blue wrappers). So, he totally keeps all of those.... Butterscotch: for the parents. Peppermints: those he keeps, but Mommy has to take them out of his candy so that the minty-flavor doesn't taint the chocolate....I'm rather particular about that....} 

...okay, so clearly this post took on a whole candy-coated-life of its own! 

I've got housework to do, so TTFN! {How long has it been since anyone's used that sign-off???}
I'll leave you with this picture of us from a Sunday night Halloween celebration:
 








Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Blogger Brandie said...

this blog post ROCKS!! BTW, I too like the flavored tootsie rolls, but only the pink and orange ones.

 
At 3:12 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

I'm am never allowed to abandon google reader again.

Congrats. I'm so excited for you. Yay yay yay.

Going to read more now!

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

where did my comment go??? I saiiiiddddd.....

I love the shirt!!!

 
At 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Halloween shirt! Hope the morning and afternoon sickness subside!

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Oh, I am so very excited for you Lainie! Saying lots of prayers for you and your family and baby to come. What a journey you have taken to this place, bless you all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home