Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 25, 2012

8w6d

Hi, Baby.
You look like a teddy graham.
{The sono is from 8w6d. I'm actually 9w2d now.}

How can something so small make me so sick?
Guess what I've learned the hard way: Zofran is NOT my friend.
Why? Because the side effects are worse than nausea.


But, I am so gratefully pregnant.
So, while I complain, I'll take whatever symptoms come my way.

Lets talk about this pregnancy vs. my pregnancy with Gage....

With Gage, I was nothing but excited all of the time.
This time, I'm afraid every time that I get a sono. I'm so afraid that they will tell me that my baby is dead. Every time, that anxiety creeps in. And so far, I've been delightfully wrong every time!

With Gage, I was all glowy.
This time, I'm not glowy. I'm zitty.

The shape of my belly is so different this time around. It's just...different.

The nausea---ugh. I was NOT this sick when I was pregnant with Gage.

I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Gage. This time around, I'm so tired all the time! I hear {and read} that it's normal during the first trimester, so I'm hoping that I'll move out of this phase soon and get my energy back.

So here's what I found online:
Your Body in Week 9 of Pregnancy
Chances are you've never felt so tired in your life and for good reason: Your body is working overtime preparing for motherhood as it develops the placenta, your baby's lifeline. At the same time, your metabolism and hormone levels are surging, which triggers a decrease in blood sugar and blood pressure. The result of all this: pregnancy fatigue. Relief is around the corner as your energy level increases (and morning sickness decreases) over the next few weeks once placenta construction is completed.
From: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-9.aspx

How your baby's growing: 
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.
From: http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-9-weeks_1098.bc

So...the heart rate...
6w0d = 92 bpm
8w0d = 180 bpm
8w6d = 170 bpm

I go back to the RE on Tuesday.  I'll be 10 weeks. I can't wait to see the baby again.

...and in other news, one of my dear friends here on Wisteria Lane is also pregnant! She's going to the OB soon to get her due date, but it seems that she's about a week behind me. Yaaaay! How fun is THAT going to be? Lots.

My official due date: 5/28/13.
The plan: a c-section at 39 weeks since I am not a candidate for a VBAC.
So, that would be 5/21/13....that's a Tuesday.
...but, I got married on a Friday.
I had Gage on a Friday.
If I get to pick, I will likely pick Friday, 5/24/12.
We'll see.....


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

If you are zitty with this pregnancy, I predict a girl!!!... the usual old wives-tales to blame for that one! xxx

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

5/24/13 That will be a great day! Mine will turn 16 on that day!!!!

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Can't wait to find out who else is expecting on Wisteria Lane. Exciting!

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:03 AM , Blogger Love said...

oh, precious!

i'm so happy for you.

prayers for you and that little [growing] grape!

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

My tenth wedding anniversary is 5/24/13. I'm going with Christy and predicting a girl now, too. When can we discuss baby names????? You know I love baby names!

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

i'd like to think you are having a girl since your pregnancy is different, but I've had two girls and my pregnancies were sooooo different. Who knows!!!

On another note, Audrey was born on May 22 :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home