Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 19, 2012

IVF Meds.


Well---finally, there's been a silver lining to this IVF thing.
The cost of meds: $57 for all of them except one!
"Really?"
The specialty pharmacy maintains that the insurance covers the drugs but not the IVF procedures themselves, and seriously---I RAN to get my debit card from the other room b/c I didn't want the price to increase over the few minutes it would take for me to pay over the phone.
What about the other drug? Well, it's getting pre-certed with a letter from the doctor explaining why I need it. Apparently it's just a formality so that it too can be billed under 'major medical,' and since I've met my deductible with the $1500 hysterosalpingogram---we're left currently owing $57.
Well, that and the $19,682.00 for the IVF with ICSI & Assisted Hatching, but hey---who's counting, right?
{and really, who IS counting? I can't keep it all straight. We've already lost track of how much we've spent on this journey, just since our first IUI on 12/31/11....}

Anyway....
We are ecstatic about this little gem of a surprise, and the bulk of the meds will be here tomorrow! Woohooo!
:)

We are soooooo getting ready.
We start our antibiotics on 7/30.
Did you know that? They require (they = the FDA, I think) require that both partners complete a 10 day course of antibiotics prior to IVF. Hmmmm.... We're learning so much.

I'll keep you all posted.
:)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger lisa said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does that. However, I will NOT be calling it that . . . unless its about somebody else.

Yikes! Good luck!

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger Kate said...

That's great news--it's about time you caught a break!

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Yay! I have you in my prayers. A friend of mine went through this and now has a sweet two year old boy. :) Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home