Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 19, 2012

IVF Meds.


Well---finally, there's been a silver lining to this IVF thing.
The cost of meds: $57 for all of them except one!
"Really?"
The specialty pharmacy maintains that the insurance covers the drugs but not the IVF procedures themselves, and seriously---I RAN to get my debit card from the other room b/c I didn't want the price to increase over the few minutes it would take for me to pay over the phone.
What about the other drug? Well, it's getting pre-certed with a letter from the doctor explaining why I need it. Apparently it's just a formality so that it too can be billed under 'major medical,' and since I've met my deductible with the $1500 hysterosalpingogram---we're left currently owing $57.
Well, that and the $19,682.00 for the IVF with ICSI & Assisted Hatching, but hey---who's counting, right?
{and really, who IS counting? I can't keep it all straight. We've already lost track of how much we've spent on this journey, just since our first IUI on 12/31/11....}

Anyway....
We are ecstatic about this little gem of a surprise, and the bulk of the meds will be here tomorrow! Woohooo!
:)

We are soooooo getting ready.
We start our antibiotics on 7/30.
Did you know that? They require (they = the FDA, I think) require that both partners complete a 10 day course of antibiotics prior to IVF. Hmmmm.... We're learning so much.

I'll keep you all posted.
:)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger lisa said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does that. However, I will NOT be calling it that . . . unless its about somebody else.

Yikes! Good luck!

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger Kate said...

That's great news--it's about time you caught a break!

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger  said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
portefeuille louis vuitton
chaussures louis vuitton
tee-shirts louis vuitton
louis vuitton pas cher
sac juicy
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes
chaussures jordan hommes
chaussures nike air max hommes
chaussures gucci femmes
chaussures christian louboutin femmes

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Yay! I have you in my prayers. A friend of mine went through this and now has a sweet two year old boy. :) Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home