Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, July 13, 2012

IVF: Wish us luck.






We have our IVF Orientation today. Wish us luck.

We've come to the conclusion {you know, after being told} that IVF is our best option. After Hubby's prostate surgeries and my newly dx'd blocked tubes {F.U. Endometriosis!}, it looks like those 3 IUIs never would have worked in the first place.
{There's money, time, and excitement that we can't get back.}

I've been soooooo excited and literally counting down the days until egg retrieval.
And then---suddenly, it's like I get freaked out in an instant.
The shots.
The cost.
Pregnancy after miscarriage.
What if it doesn't work?
What if it does and it's 4 babies!?
What if it hurts?
What if I get that hyperstimulation that seems so horrible?
I can't keep calling them babies.
They are blastocysts.
Cells.
What if it doesn't work?

Who do we tell?
I'm excited! Let's tell everybody!
What was I thinking? Why did I tell people? What if it doesn't work?

I'm not yet even hopped up on mega-hormones, and I'm already neurotic and completely crazy and sometimes hoping for twins {Hubby don't read that last part, which I actually read is completely normal for people who've been through infertility b/c they put so much thought, time, and energy into trying to get pregnant, and initially they think that twins are an efficient way to procreate}.

Yeah, I might be just a little bit crazy.
Can't wait to see what this shit's like when I'm REALLY hopped up on hormones.
{World: Consider yourself warned.}


Labels:

10 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Blogger Vagabond Baby said...

Sending good thoughts your way!! It's hard to embrace the good when you have lived through the bad...hang in there and remain positive, for your health and the baby's!

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

Praying for you! Glad that you are sharing some of your journey so that i can pray for you and hope with you! hugs!

 
At 12:54 PM , Anonymous mama2roo said...

Definitely wishing you luck! It is a (expensive/emotional)roller coaster for sure! Love your graphic.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Julianne said...

It's a long hard road and those of us who have been there before you will be sending many good thoughts your way and lifting you up in prayer! Look at what my body produced through IVF with severe endometriosis and one half of ONE ovary. SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

 
At 1:02 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

Oh I hope it's four babies. This blog would be hilarious to read then if it was four...or maybe it will be five or 3 sets of twins..muaahahhahaha GOOD LUCK

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Good Luck! Have you ever checked out Natalie's blog? She's done IVF: http://lunardreams.net/baby/

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Christy said...

One of my best friends did IVF last year. She had poor egg quality, and she didn't get pregnant. She was devastated. DEVASTATED. On the second round of IVF they implanted more eggs (four, I think). She was really nervous about having multiples, but all that worrying was for nothing, because she got pregnant with one healthy baby boy. He just turned one.

Thinking of you and hoping for the best!

 
At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Ginger said...

:) Twins! :)

Good luck! I will be thinking of you!

 
At 2:21 AM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Sending positive vibes from Sydney! Good luck, best wishes and lots of kisses!! xxx

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Thinking of you and wishing you the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home