Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Gage's School Musical Program

Gage went to a faith based pre-school program. They go up through Kindergarten. Well, they had an end-of-the-year musical program & Kindergarten graduation. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a pre-school graduation, as he won't be going there next year for Kindergarten---but they didn't really ask my opinion, now did they?

...in related news, I was also disappointed in our seats. The church sanctuary was SO full! We actually got to the church early, found Gage's class meeting room & we were the first to arrive. So, when some other parents got there, they just kind of dropped their kids off & ran to get great seats. We looked up, and we were in charge of 5 kids who were literally bouncing off the walls! Needless to say, when the teachers arrived, we split. Sadly, it was too late, and little 5 foot me was sitting near the back of the sanctuary. BOOOOOO!

Oh well...
Still, my child stood on a stage, and smiled, and sang, and they even sang & signed a song. Turns out, my kiddo loves sign language...and that's something I was so surprised by. He never once mentioned signing, learning sign language...nothing! Ugh! Boys!!! I tell ya---there were some days (okay, most days) when he'd come home from school... "Gage, what did you guys do today?"... "I don't know...stuff." or "I can't remember." "Gage, who did you sit by at lunch?" "I can't remember."
It's amazing he's learning, given the fact that he can't remember squat about his school day. I'm just sayin'...
From what I hear, it's a boy thing.

Anyhow---pics from the night....

Gage & Daddy before the program:


Gage & Mommy before the program {please, disregard the peppermint in his mouth}:


Singing his little heart out:




Afterward, they had a little reception for the Kindergarten grads, and all the little ones. Gage's teacher had some special little journals that the children kept all year long, and they made a photo album for each student. It was so great! He had such thoughtful teachers. I loved it!






Gage, & his buddy, W. Fast friends in PreK 3, then they were together in PreK 4, and now they'll go to separate schools next year. And once W breaks out of his shell {and by now, when he's around us, he's outta that shell!}, anyway---once he breaks out of that shell, he's got a personality that's larger than life. He's soooo cute!




It was a great night.
:)

But I can't believe that it's Summer-time...I can't believe that he'll be going to Kindergarten in the Fall!
{*sigh*}

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

They didn't have the graduation thing last year. I guess it is a new thing. I loved Will. He was the cutest little thing ever.

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

Gage is really the cutest kid. And I'm teary reading all of this and seeing the cute pictures. This is the kinda stuff that REALLY gets me.

I'm such a sappy mama...

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Alicia Brunson said...

Congrats Gage!!

 
At 5:01 AM , Blogger kristi said...

I guess it's a boy thing, my son tells me he can't remember too..lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home