Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, January 24, 2011

Every Bit The Nightmare We Expected.



Yes, well, in case you were waiting on a mom update, here it is: This chemo is every bit the nightmare that we expected; and more.
The nausea & vomiting? Oh, they're here.
The cold sensation that feels like a shock from a battery?
Yeah, she's got that too.
Hypersensitive to smell? You bet.
Just thinking about all of it makes her mouth start to water with the pre-puke saliva fest. Mmmmmm.
And then, the tears.
She's exhausted.
She's nauseated.
The zofran causes a headache that makes her think about ways to actually remove her own eyeballs in an attempt to just relieve the smallest bit of pressure.
The oral meds aren't staying down long enough to really work anyhow...
I could go on from here, but you get the point.

So, you need to throw up, and run to the bathroom.
Problem is, the tile floor is cold & shocky.
You forget & touch the edge of the toilet while you vomit.
The toilet is cold & shocky.
All you want to do is rinse your mouth out with water.
The water faucet is cold & shocky.
The water is too cold to touch & you don't even DARE put that cold water in your mouth because you've heard that the pain from that makes you feel like you cannot breathe.

My poor mamasita.
We're going to get stronger drugs.
Mark my words.
GIVE MY MOTHER THE DRUGS!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 5:40 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

So very sorry your Mom is going through this. :( So glad you are there for her.

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Erica said...

:( :( :(

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh, honey. Poor Mamasita. Poor you.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Oh. I'm so sorry!

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Ugh, soooo sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what she is going through. Bless her heart, and I hope that she gets the drugs she needs!

 
At 4:48 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

ohmigoodness!
i sure picked a fine time to let my blog reading go.

i cannot at all tell you how sorry i am to hear about all this!

i wish you and your family so much strength during this time. your mom is lucky to have you there to support her.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger LauraC said...

BOOOOO!
I hope your mom feels better soon and finds the right drugs for her.

:(

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give your Mamasita my love. I have her in my prayers...after the pain comes the miracle.

{{{HUGS}}}

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Oh this is awful. You're poor mother. I didn't get a letter in the mail to her before I left like I wanted to, but I have been thinking about you guys a lot and praying for her. I hope it gets better soon! And I can so see you in the hospital yelling at the nurses to give your mom the drugs a la Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment!

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Megan said...

you're = your. Sorry, it's the middle of the night here.

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

So sorry to hear that. Sending love your way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home