Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, January 24, 2011

Super Bowl What?

Ahhhh....the Super Bowl.
Guess what Super Bowl Sunday is for me??? The 2nd best shopping day, EVAH!
Why? Well, because Black Friday is always CLEARLY the ring leader there, and on Super Bowl Sunday---the stores are usually very customer-free. Yaaaay!

Guess where I will NOT be this Super Bowl...
You ready???
Here:

And because I will no longer have this job when the Super Bowl gets here----I shouldn't have to worry about all of the mega-traffic-road-closings & lock-down that's being instituted around here.
And---because I couldn't care less about football or football stadiums, or anything along those lines, I don't even care to watch the game. I am however supposed to be co-hosting (with my Hubby) a kick-a$$ Super Bowl Party.
...now how on earth am I supposed to get in the mood for football???
I only like football (or most sports) when I know someone playing. If I know the players, it's so enjoyable! But this whole "feels like you know them" crap is a bit stalkerish to me. Sure, I enjoyed cheering for the Rangers in those final games, but under no circumstance did I feel like I knew those players. I have no vested interest in either of these Super Bowl teams, and really only pop into the room when Hubby calls me in to see a funny commercial.

Anyone else feel this way about the big event???

5 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I agree. I go to parties to drink and eat snacks, snacks, and more snacks. Plus pizza. Other than that, I couldn't care less about the game.

 
At 7:35 AM , Anonymous Annabeth said...

We are so not into it this year. Commercial watching is the best part anyway.

 
At 7:55 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

I second that! I could care less about football, and while we're at it, I don't like baseball, basketball, tennis and golf, sports is just not my thing, not a good thing when your husband is a SPORTS FREAK! But oh well! If your looking for a shopping bud, look no further!

 
At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my Christmas and if my JETS had made it I was gonna call you and let you know I was in town! I was considering taking out a loan (yes a loan) to get my Super Bowl tickets...its once in a lifetime when your team makes it!

But now I'm rooting for the PACKERS! :) from my couch!

@NYCPatty

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I'll be at a local theatrical production of "Gypsy" during the Super Bowl this year. YAY ME!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home