Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, December 13, 2010

On a Lighter Note...

...who's in the mood for something other than cancer???
We all are! {but I really do thank you all for the very kind comments}

I know my Mamasita's been waiting to see these pics!!!!

And so----here we go: Pics from the D's 1st Annual Christmas Party.
{They swore that night that this would be the first of many---the fact that they had to have their floors professionally cleaned after the party may influence their decision to host any future parties. The sad part??? I'm talking about the TILE floor. When you mop 20+ times & it's STILL STICKY---well, that's just no good!}

Oh, there were spirits, food, fun & of course KARAOKE. Which, many of the "spirited" enjoyed! To Protect the Not-So-Innocent, names have not been disclosed in this post, and photos have not been "tagged" with the names of those pictured! {Man, we had a blast!}

There was a white elephant gag gift exchange...
The gifts we took:

{Why, yes, that IS the largest box I could find!}

The tags:


{The one from Hubby reads "This seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I'm not so sure."}

The Host & Hostess...


Other pics from the party...









And as I mentioned...as people became more "spirited," the karaoke participation increased. Dramatically.






As I mentioned---there was a gift exchange.
Some highlights from that:







Some OTHER pics from the night... I tried to arrange all the pics by topic, but as the spirits were flowing & the evening progressed, the gifts overlapped with karaoke, and group photos, and then Jess took my camera...and at one point people were rolling on the floor and I'm not sure who fell first, and you get the picture....













The party went into the wee hours of the night...and we were all hungry for breakfast. We got a treat: breakfast after midnight!


And that, my friends, was the end.

{actually---it's a certain someone's a$$. He somehow ripped his jeans & took a plank off the D's fence. Don't even ask me how that happened. I missed it. I wasn't out there.}

And now, for the final picture, I'll leave you with this image, and my own commentary: What time was this picture taken? WTF happened to my hair? Please LAAWD tell me it doesn't always look like that! My friends must have been drunk or they'd have fixed it or at the very least said 'What's up with your hair?' And, clearly Hubby's AFRAID of me & my Medusa-like head. Geeeez!!!!

Feel free to caption the above photo should you wish to do so. I'm game for a laugh at my own expense.
:)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:36 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I loved all these pictures - it looks like a really fun time. For some reason the picture that made me laugh the most is the one of the girl holding the KY set. Glad you had a fun night out! : )

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

You guys sure know how to party. Love the gift tags. Did you make them or find them somewhere?

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

I think we laughed just as hard at the KY pic. That was freaking hilarious!

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

OMG! I want to live by you!! I love the one lucky SOB. hehe.

The jeans pic is awesome too! Great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home