Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Let The Games Begin: Griswold Style.

Well, I posted about my adventures during the weeeee hours of Black Friday.
That day I slept.
That night, we hosted the neighbors for the Official House Lighting: Griswold Style. You see, this year we went with an un-traditional take on Christmas lights, and the theme was "A Griswold Family Christmas." {"You serious, Clark?" Yes...Yes, Clark (a.k.a. Hubby) is very, very serious about his exterior illumination.}

And so, the neighbors all happily obliged & Mark & Jana even came in from San Antonio for a visit! {How lucky are we!?}

I'll share some pictures from the evening with y'all....


Drum Roll Please!!!!


{Imagine the sound of cymbals crashing!}





Some of the signs facing the street....




The back of the signs, only facing the house:





Some of the guys...


Some of the gals...


Some of the kids...






Patrick, being his silly-goofy-self!


Check out Hubby's AWESOME shirt that Josh & Lindsey got for him....


We were excited to see Mark & Jana, because we don't get to see them as often as we'd like.



Other pics from the evening...



It was a great night!

Sadly...I think Gage & I didn't rest nearly well enough over the few days prior to this big event. Saturday morning---we were both SICK.
Poor Gage was burning up with fever, and just SICK!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Awesome! That looks like a lot of work went into it and it was totally worth it. I love the theme and the double-sided signs.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That looks wonderful!! I want to be your friend! Or at least come admire your house for a while, at least. ;)

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger penny lane designs said...

This is too funny- I love that movie- I laugh every year that I watch it!

Found your blog through Karen Rector (a good friend of mine!) and would love to give you a blog makeover if you want one. :) You can pick from one of my premade layouts at this link if you want...

http://www.pennylanedesigns.net/search/label/Pre-Designed%20Layouts

I know this probably seems totally random- no pressure- just thought I would offer! You have been blogging for such a long time- and I can't help but want everyone to have a pretty blog- especially when I know it is put to good use. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home