Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

How was my Thanksgiving?
Well, thank you for asking.
I worked.

Well, let me back up.
I woke up at 4:48am, because I couldn't stand it. Black Friday was approaching, and wouldn't you know it!? A few stores were open on Thanksgiving too!!!!!

So, I shopped, and then went to work.
Yes, I'm a freak.

Black Friday is the Super Bowl of my sport. By sport, I of course mean shopping.

So...I worked that day because the hospital never closes.
When I arrived home, my Hubby had set the table, had things coming out of the oven literally as I walked through the door...it was PERFECT!

Hubby even set the table sooooo nicely!


...and Gage chose his own dinner-ware as well!

I'd love to show you pics of Hubby & his hard work, but they're all blurry. He just couldn't stay still! In his world of cooking---this is like HIS Super Bowl. And the food was delicious.




A great meal was had by all.
I made the dressing this year though...and I learned an important lesson: If you are going to make cornbread dressing---do not cheat & think that it's going to turn out well if you bake up cornbread from a mix, crumble it, and count that as your cornbread. It will be too sweet, and it just won't be right. That's what I get for trying to cut corners, right?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:31 AM , Blogger kristi said...

I worked on Wed and Friday and my hubby did the cooking...he did a great job!

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Yes ma'am. You're correct. Always use cornmeal to make your cornbread for dressing. :)

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I LOVE that kitchen. The colors are wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home