Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 29, 2010

My Complaint About Toys R Us Express




I know I posted previously about this, but I am really quite miffed about this.

I had a very poor shopping experience with Toys R Us Express on Thanksgiving/Black Friday this year.

I was told by the sales associates in the store (when they FINALLY opened), that they are NOT Toys R Us, and would NOT be honoring the Toys R Us advertised pricing that was so widely distributed online & in my local newspaper insert.
I was also told that the frequent shopper coupons that were emailed to me would NOT be honored at Toys R Us Express because they were not in fact "Toys R Us."

Well...that's odd...
Here's what I read from the Toys R Us website:
Wayne, NJ (September 9, 2010) – Toys“R”Us® today announced plans to operate approximately 600 Toys“R”Us Express stores in malls and shopping centers nationwide during the 2010 Christmas season, in addition to its 587 full-size Toys“R”Us stores in the United States. The major expansion of the Toys"R"Us Express initiative will double the number of Toys“R”Us locations available for holiday shopping needs as the company asserts its authority position by making itself even more convenient for customers. This sizeable rollout of pop-up stores represents an additional 2.4 million square feet of toy-selling space for the holiday season.

“By doubling the number of Toys“R”Us locations nationwide, now more than ever we will be available when and where customers want to shop with us this holiday season,” said Jerry Storch, Chairman and CEO, Toys“R”Us, Inc. “We are pleased that this significant expansion of our Toys“R”Us Express initiative also creates thousands of new jobs beyond our usual seasonal workforce build.”

FROM:
http://www.toysrusinc.com/press-room/releases/general/2010/toysrus-announces-plans-to-open-600-toysrus-express-stores/

So, in the above italicized portion---do they not indicate that they are DOUBLING THE NUMBER OF TOYS R US LOCATIONS NATIONWIDE? Is that not a reference of Toys R Us being Toys R Us Express? Did they not indicate that the goal was to BE AVAILABLE WHEN AND WHERE CUSTOMERS WANT TO SHOP 'WITH US' THIS HOLIDAY SEASON?

Well, Toys R Us---I wanted to shop at my local Toys R Us Express store at 10PM on Thanksgiving night. Your newspaper insert indicated that your stores would be open. My closest location was not. I even asked the sales associate why they weren't open. She sounded quite rehearsed in her "I am so sorry that we were not able to extend those shopping hours to you. We are not Toys R Us, and were not able to open at that hour." ....Why? Because you were all sitting around with hot cocoa & practicing lines like that?

Toys R Us---you've disappointed me.
As for your Express store: I won't return. And I'm telling everyone.I.know.

Don't come to my area, throw up a half-a$$ attempt of a toy store & think you're doing me any favors.
Toys R Us Express: What a JOKE.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:14 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

That would have my blood boiling and I would be finding the CEO e mail or mailing addresses and sending them my opinions.

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I went to Toys R Us Express at midnight on black friday only because it was in the mall that I shopped at....they didn't have anything I wanted because "they weren't as big as the main store."

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

What the heck? If they're not really Toys R Us, they shouldn't have that in their name. What a stupid response.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

They were lined up for three stores to get into (Not really) Toys R Us Express at the outlet mall when I went on Friday morning. I didn't bother waiting.

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Stefanie said...

I can't stand half ass stores. We don't have Toys R Us Express here, but I am still mad for you :)

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

Wow! I'd be pissed too! You can't take a name but honor the name. Just sayin'. I'll make an effort NOT to go them even more than I already do. I think they suck. They're dirty and they never have anything the best or good values. Spit on em!!

 
At 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

smile and be happy. Don't let little things freak you out so much. God bless and enjoy your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home