Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, August 02, 2010

Just Go With It.

{{{PICS FROM 7/20/10}}}



You know that phrase, "It's better to be nice than right"??
Well, as moms, sometimes it's better to just go with whatever the 4 year old wants instead of forcing conformation to societal norms.
With that said---I present Gage's chosen outfit:



Apparently colors don't matter when your theme is "Things Gage Likes." Gage is wearing his "Soldier" shirt from Toy Story 3, and his Spider Man swimsuit.

And guess what?
It was REALLY difficult for me to let him go out & about like that.
And the fact that I was having difficulty with it----that's what bothered me.
Don't get me wrong---I know that my child is not the height of fashion, by any means.... but I was just taken aback by my own judgement of his outfit. In the end, he's a healthy, happy, well-cared for child. THAT's what matters, right????

So, anyway...if anyone saw us at the park like this...(1) Shame on you for not saying "hi," (2) At least his clothes were clean, right? (3) No, we're not all color blind, and (4) I'm working on how I see things...mmmmkay?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I love it when little kids dress themselves. I remember doing it as a kid, but all my clothes were pink! HA!

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

So cute. Seth has that same shirt and when able to dress himself, that is what he looks like! :)

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Kate said...

My niece gets to dress herself and sometimes she is incredibly well put-together and sometimes she looks, well, not so good. But my sister-in-law just doesn't seem to have a problem with it, which is very cool. I think I'd have more trouble with it, sad to say.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I love it when kids dress themselves. I like his outfit. It shows personality. And it's good he's wearing clothes. Little Elvis prefers to wear his birthday suit these days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home