Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Weekend at Darnin's.

On Saturday morning, we headed down to Tyler to Darnin' & PawPaw's.
We all got together to celebrate Christmas & Darnin's birthday {although, it was more about Christmas, and less about Darnin's birthday....so, Mom, I'm sorry!}.

In the following pictures, if you see Gage wearing a Halloween tee (Thanks Sara for giving it to us Halloween before last!), just know that it was not my choice----but around here----we pick our battles. Gage wearing a 3T Halloween shirt to celebrate Christmas---well, that's what he wanted. And for me, it wasn't worth battling over!

Pics from the weekend....

{above: the snowman cake that Clinit didn't believe was real, so he poked it. it was still toooooo neat to cut!}











The best gift/joke:
{back story: Mom has the black Cole Haan heels that I LOVE. Love them. They're black & strappy, with silver perfect buckles. They're just perfect. I have wanted these shoes for a while now. I've threatened to steal them more than once... So, when we arrived to Darnin's, after cleaning the dog puke off Ranger (because yes, he's still getting car sick), I went in & said that I needed some wrapping paper & a box. I settled for a gift bag & tissue paper. I snuck upstairs and raided her closet. I found the shoes, no thanks to her new organization system in there!, and wrapped them up to myself, as if they were from her. So, the following pictures are if me--opening her shoes!



And, to my great surprise, she said, "Fine. Go ahead & keep them." Woooooohooooo!!!!



Some family pics...




We stayed up late playing games... Mexican Trash Train & Catch Phrase. We had soooooo much fun!!! PawPaw is the world's worst domino player, we've decided. I have bragging rights on that game: I didn't break 200 points! Catch Phrase was soooo much fun, and brought about some very INTERESTING comments, and future jokes!

This little guy didn't want to go to bed, and ended up falling asleep on the couch nearby, with his cup of Darnin's marshmallows, and amidst all the laughter & fun from the game playing...


The next morning brought a big breakfast, hugs, and fun, and then the packing up to go home.




We had a super-fun-crazy time.
I loved it THIIIIIIIIIS much!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:29 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I love these pictures. It is almost like being there. Your Mom is so awesome for letting you have the shoes...What size do you wear?.....

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Zephra---I wear a 6.

Have shoes you want to give me!!??

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

You are hilarious. I love the last photo!

And I just have to say. I totally see where you got your gorgeousness from: your beautiful mom!

Z also wears halloween shirts. I just go with it.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Some great Christmas pics!! Have a Happy New Year!!

 
At 12:16 PM , Anonymous misguidedmommy said...

genius PURE GENIUS

that is it next year i am sooo just wrapping shit up that that i want and then telling people they bought it for me....fucking genius

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Love the pics, as for choosing your battles you are very wise grasshopper. I have decided that as long as the clothes are clean I don't much care what the boys wear.

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Loving all your posts - catching up from the 16th forward...great pics! How cool about the shoes, too - I totally wish I had my mom's size of foot! Sadly, I can only wear TRAVIS' shoes...yay me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home