Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Roof Update!

So, as I sit typing this blog post, the contractor is at the house with Hubby finalizing the details of the contract, so they can get started!

Estimated # of days for completion: 14.
{I think it will take longer, but kudos to him for being optimistic!}

I've got tons of stuff to figure out & pick out for the new bathroom & master closet.

The theme: neutral, neutral, neutral & re-sellability! (is that a word, or did I just make it up?)
Anyway---that means that the chocolate brown slate-like tiles that I wanted are out...gotta go with something more neutral.

Pedestal sinks: your opinions?
chrome or brushed nickel finish? opinions?
What are YOUR bathroom must-haves?

My inspiration picture, SO FAR:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Well I guess you already know how I feel about things.

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Good news about the roof!

I know what you're saying about resellability. We're thinking about that, too.

Since you asked:
pedestal sinks are pretty, but the lack of storage is annoying to me. Unless your home is very old and then it might look better.
brushed nickel every time--chrome shows spots and in a bathroom that's a pain in the butt

Must have: nice shower, separate tub if possible, great lighting--not so much pretty as not stumbling in the dark.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I like pedestal sinks...HOWEVER...I HATE that there is no counter space, so if you take that into consideration and make some...cool! We have a pedestal sink in our downstairs bathroom....it's okay since it's just a 1/2 bath. My personal preference is brushed nickel. I love the old timey looking faucets too. I also prefer the two (hot and cold) handles instead of the single ones. If and when I ever get to design my own bathroom, it will have travertine (sp) tile in the shower...I think that's so pretty! And the shower will be HUGE...and not just because I am huge, but because I like room! Anyway, that's all I can think of at the moment. OH, and I have to have a jacuzzi tub...even though I never use it! I like the look of my huge candles sitting around it! =)

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I want whatever is easier to clean. I hate the nobs that you can't clean around. Especially clear ones. You know, contractor grade! I would probably like nickel. I have a jetted tub and have NEVER used it. Apparently air jets are better. Didn't you just do a bathroom remodel? I don't remember seeing pictures of the finished project. I seem to recall subway tile in a herringbone pattern. LOVE subway tile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home