Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today....

Judy--you'll appreciate this.
Today is filled with things that I need to do, but don't want to do.
None of them are fun.

Today is my day off...and yet, I've been called into work to meet with someone for an hour, and then it's supposed to be an hour tomorrow too.
An hour? On my 2 days off?
That's not going to work for me.
All the driving I have to do to get my child where he needs to be, and then me out to work---it cost more in travel than I'll make in an hour.
UGH.

Gotta go to the post office today.

Gotta go get my ID made for my upcoming year-long internship.
(Okay, that one might be kind of fun...)
CRAP! {just had a thought; yes, it hurt a little.} ID=picture=I have to actually look 1/2 way decent. YUCK. I wanted to throw on "I-Don't-Give-A-Rat's..." clothes & just stomp through the day. Guess that won't happen...

Layoffs at my job yesterday. I HEARD that 24 people were let go. The rumor-mill prior to the lay-offs was that 45 or more would be cut. My boss was laid off yesterday. Our secretary was laid off yesterday.
It's just been so awful around work. We've all been on pins & needles, which has had a negative effect on productivity b/c we've all just be so unmotivated. Sad, I know. I've been rocking a dull headache for 4 days now, and I fully expected it to be gone when I woke up this morning---but no. It's still here.

On a brighter note: I took Gage "clothes shopping" yesterday, and it was OMG just what I needed by way of retail therapy. I'll have to post all about it soon, but today's not the day.
Also coming sooon: my mega-long post about the circus b/c I only took...ummmm....151 pictures. It was so much fun!
{okay, Judy, you can skip that post, okay???}

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger Angel said...

only 151???? SLACKER!!!! ;)

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Girl, you're making my head spin! HAHA

I only spent my bachelorette day here up at the church at 8;15, the post office at 8:30, the preschool at 8:40 (until TWO), then cleancleanclean until the boys got home at 6, only to make a run to Schlitterbahn before they closed at 8! ACK!

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Layoffs are always tough. I hate that feeling of being on pins and needles and not sure, it can bring on a headache like nothing else. Glad to hear your position is secure. I keep having that thought that if I can just get through August I'll be OK. We'll see :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home