Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Friday Night @ Kaboom-Town!

*******************************************************
So, I worked Friday, but after work, we got a jump start on the 4th of July Festivities. We headed out to Addison's Kaboom-Town.


:)
It was crowded! But the weather wasn't tooooo bad. There was a light breeze, so that was nice.

They had a little kid area set up with rides. Cool, right? The prices: ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? So, the tickets were $1 each. Each ride cost $2 or $3. Yuck. I was not a fan of the kiddie ride pricing!

So...the first ride---well, sadly, we have no pictures. It was a little mini-roller-coaster. I was going to ride with Gage. Got up there, gave them SIX tickets. "No, Miss. You're too big." {I should have said, "Are you calling me 'fat'????!!!!", but I didn't.} So, I convinced Gage to ride alone. That didn't last long. They stopped the ride to let my child off---and then they started it again to let the other kiddos finish out their turn.

We moved to something a bit more calm....


To be perfectly honest, Gage wasn't really into this either! {Lucky us! Now we don't have to drop a small fortune for Gage to ride 20 different things!} He smiled for the picture, but that was about it...

Gage enjoyed showing us how strong he is, and winning an inflatable toy {which of course he has banged all over the house since then....}



They had planes flying overhead. We loved it. We've got to take this little guy to an air show!




And then---after dark, the planes put on a light show of their own.


...but I need to back up on the time-line a bit...
We left the big crowded area & went to grab a spot to sit & wait for the fireworks.
The boys ate a burger; I had a hot dog. Gage got a snow-cone.


That was fun for a little bit...but the crowd was encroaching on our space. The ants were making their way onto our blanket, which was not nearly big enough for all three of us {in my mind, the blanket was so much larger when I grabbed it to take with us for the fireworks. When we unfolded it---I was unpleasantly surprised. Hubby was right when he told me that it wouldn't be big enough. THERE. I SAID IT. Hubby was right. It was bound to happen eventually, right?}

So...we asked Gage if he wanted to go back by the car to watch the fireworks. No. Of course not.
So, we bribed him with a $5 light up sword thing.

And---we sat. And waited. And waited.



And, Gage could not have cared any less about the fireworks. He was so preoccupied with the hotel that was back to our left. As we were waiting for the fireworks, there was a little boy up in the hotel looking out one of the windows. He had a light up sword too. So, Gage & the little boy were having some sort of sword fight about 300 yards apart from their opponent. When the fireworks finally started, Gage was preoccupied with the people in the hotel windows, and he was convinced that they were all looking at him with his light up sword. {Yes, Gage, the world truly does revolve around you, doesn't it? Heaven forbid they be looking at the fireworks in the sky! Silly goose!}






So, the fireworks were great. I made the comment that I thought the whole 'fireworks to music' was stupid, and never really seemed to match up...until they played "You Raise Me Up" which happens to be one of my favorite songs, and then the fireworks were going too. It was just great! I totally ate my words with 'fireworks to music' thing being stupid. Suddenly, I loved it! So, there you go...

The traffic leaving was unreal! ...but, expected.
We'll definitely do it again....but next time---we'll have a bigger blanket, a cooler, probably get there earlier....or later & just watch the fireworks! I guess we'll see next year!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8:46 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

lol. Bayley didn't seem to care much about the fireworks, either. She was more interested in the kids around her.

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Mommy said...

Your experience TOTALLY sounds like ours ... a freak out on a $3 ride ... many more $3 rides after ....!!!!

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

wow what a fun 4th!!! Love the pics. Wish we had something like that around here!!

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

looks like a lot of fun! great pics.

maybe next year he'll like the coaster.

 
At 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://uqurulixam.kogaryu.com/ywyrudi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

 
At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://exiqizexu.exactpages.com/ukyfaken.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

 
At 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home