Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

So....after running some morning errands, our family had a mega-discussion about how to spend our day.
It was decided that we'd go to the zoo....
I, of course, felt that it was toooooo cold to spend the day at the zoo.
I was quickly outnumbered.
We had a lengthy conversation about going to the zoo, and how Gage did not want to see an "Antemiller".... A What???
Anteater? No. Armadillo? No. "ANTEMILLER!" I think it's something like a cross between an antelope & a caterpiller.... Guess what buddy...chances are--you won't see one!
We dressed, and we headed out.

First----quick run through the car wash...


After that, lunch at Wendy's. (clearly, the focus is not romance here...the focus was: it's lunchtime, and we can run get Wendy's for $15, or eat at the zoo for $45...we chose Wendy's!)


Gage, stop playing with your food.
Oh, those aren't nuggets? They're dinosaurs??? Awwww. Now eat 'em!


After that, across the highway to the zoo!

The gal who thought it was too cold to go to the zoo---she's the one who forgot her jacket/sweater/coat/anything-that-contains-body-heat. Yeah....I'm smart like that. So, lucky for us---all that $$ we saved by not eating lunch at the zoo....well, I spent that & then some at the zoo gift shop buying a sweatshirt that I NEVER would have purchased. You'll see it in pictures....it totally covers my cute red shirt that I wore for V-Day...and seriously---the sweatshirt is the color of grunge. If "gutter-punk" were a color, this sweatshirt is the poster-child for the color "gutter-punk". [on another note...I should send that suggestion to Urban Decay! ...a lovely faded-over-washed-grungey-gray eyeshadow???? anyone? anyone?]

Okay....so we went to the zoo & bought an ugly sweatshirt for $40.
After that, tons of fun!



















And so, after a long day at the zoo...our little guy was tuckered out!


Later, I asked him, "What was your favorite part about today?"
[...I usually ask him this question every day when we rock at night. I love hearing his answers...]
Gage said, "Getting blue Gatorade at the zoo."
So, that was the best part about the day for him....
And we didn't see a single Antemiller!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

How fun!!

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Dude you are so cool. You let him ride the pony!!! It has been a while since I have been to the zoo. I need to take Zakary soon.

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

Looks like a fun day!! Glad you didn't have to deal w/ the dreaded antemiller....haha...thats so funny! He is too stinkin' cute!

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

What a great day...other than forgetting a sweatshirt!! I love the zoo. Just hate how expensive everything is!

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Ah, man, no antemillers!

I like your sweatshirt, and it would be so like me to have to buy one too! : )

What a cutie patootie!

 
At 5:01 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Looks like a fun VDay! We spent ours at the roller skating rink : ) The sweatshirt isn't that bad!!! Sucks you had to spend that much on it though!!

Have a great day!

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Aww it looks like you guys had a blast

 
At 6:03 AM , Blogger JoAnna said...

Holy Cow! You have a metal butterfly too except ours was at the Conservatory instead of the zoo.

It's our new blog banner.

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Thank God there were no Antemillers to be seen!
That is one happy-looking (and ultimately exhausted) little boy.

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I've had to buy overpriced sweatshirts too, so I feel ya.
However, I LOVE the color of the sweatshirt! lol.

Glad you had a good time.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Awwww so cute! I wish I could go to the zoo!

 
At 4:35 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Looks like a great day! What fun!

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger angie said...

You guys are so stinking adorable!! I'm super sad he didn't find any antemillers though :(

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh lord, that picture of him with the elephant nose is awesome!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Where are you, Lainey-Painey? I am so hoping that you're just buried under schoolwork, and that the dreaded antemillers haven't gotten to you! :)

I wish I was as uninterested in food as Gage apparently is. He may not be too interested in the nuggets, but your boy can certainly rock an elephant trunk!

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Hope your doing okay. It has been unusually long since you posted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home