Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Last Wednesday....







So, before I got sick.... I took Gage to his pedi ortho appt.

We got there....a little late....so, we had to wait.
...and wait.
and wait some more: long enough for TWO bathroom trips.

First bathroom trip went off without a hitch.
Second bathroom trip---um, not so much.
As we arrived at the door, it was locked. Obviously occupied.
So we waited.
...about 2 minutes later, a lady emerged, and we entered.
Before the door was shut, Gage, in his I'm-only-3-and-so-I-never-whisper voice, said LOUDLY "Ewwww! IT SMELLS LIKE ORANGE & POOOOOOP! WHAT DID THAT GIRL DO????" He was covering his nose, and trying to get back out. He was holding onto the door frame trying to leave. We heard giggling in the hallway in response to Gage's candid description...I was so embarrassed, but the boy had a point....it was stinky in there! And no amount of citrus spray could cover it. Lord knows the gal tried!

Anyway.... we had our x-rays, as usual. New bone growth. That explained why he seems to have a knot like a big fat marble right where the fracture is. Dr.S explained that his little body has grown new bone to correct the fracture, and in time the knot will go down as his body realizes that it doesn't need it all to be there.
No, it should not affect his football career in future years. [should he choose that...]

Throughout the whole process---he was thrilled with his little gown, and quite upset that they wouldn't let him take it home. It had Porky Pig & Daffy Duck on it, and he likes this little cartoon "Duck Dodgers"...you can see why he would want it. His hair was a mess, but his little face...I tell you what...it's VERY HARD to ever be mad at him!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:03 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That's hilarious! I LOVE children's innocent comments! lol.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger ~melinda~ said...

that first picture is so awesome. his eyes....oh, that kid will be a heartbreaker!!

 
At 5:52 AM , Blogger Beth said...

He looks like a little angel in those pictures.
As for the bathroom incident? Kids have the innocent, unpretentious knack of coming out with what we all think!

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Angel said...

oh that face.....I don't know how you ever get anything done at your house!!!!

and YAY for new bone growth!!!!!

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That's so funny about the bathroom smell! Sometimes I want to say that myself.
Great pictures! Glad his bone growth is going well.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I love his sweet little face!

And the bathroom story is hilarious. Poor woman!

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger JoAnna said...

Lainey....he is so beautiful. These are the kind of pictures you look at in ten years and cry over. He is heavenly!

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Mojavi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is the funniest story ever... ORANGE POOP!!!!! lol where does he come up with this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus I sooo wish you had an email address on your profin=le so I could email responses to your comments! lol

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

He is such a cutie!

I had that situation happy to me when I stopped into Bed Bath & Beyond the other day. I almost passed out...literally. It was sickening. But being pregnant, I couldn't hold it and had to suffer through.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Kaylee said...

Hilarious bathroom story! and the pictures are precious...it would definitely be hard to be mad with a face like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home