Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Austin's 1st Birthday Party!

My cousin's little boy turned a year old.
We got to attend his birthday party on Saturday.

Mommy & Gage, eating cake...

Gage & the great toy stare-down...

No Gage, this is NOT's Austin's. Now go forth & share!

Daddy & Gage playing in their living room...

Austin, how old are you??? That's right, ONE!

A fairly good time was had by all. Gage takes a while to warm up in settings like that. Not to mention the fact that he fell asleep about 5 minutes before we got there.

So Austin's a year old now. He's walking. He points a lot, and REALLY enjoyed all of the balloons at his party.

Austin was born at home. How cool is that? His Mommy & Daddy delivered him with the help of a mid-wife. Racelle (his Mommy) says that she'll deliver future children the same way if she can help it! She shared the pictures with me *(no, I will not be sharing them here!), and it seemed just amazing.

Racelle was pregnant with Austin when I was pregnant with Masyn. She was one of the first phone calls that I made to share the good news, since she would have her baby right before I'd have mine, and we'd get to be pregnant together.
So, it was kind of pecking in the back of my mind while we were there, but it surprisingly was not overwhelming. It is what it is, I suppose.

Labels: , ,


At 2:15 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I am glad that it wasn't overwhelming, but I do know what you mean. Every birthday that my nieces have, every holiday, I am reminded that Kalila is not there and it seems that she should be.

Austin is just so sweet, and thanks for the adorable pictures of Gagey!

At 4:04 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Love the stare-down.
And you got through yet another hurdle/milestone. Good for you.

At 6:06 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Gage & the great toy stare-down...

So, who won?

I am glad you made it through. The pain of losing Masyn will never be gone but maybe you are healing.

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Beth said...

your husband is so hot!!!!

At 8:23 PM , Blogger Christy Ann said...

I didn't realise until I read this post that you had suffered such a sad loss. My heart and thoughts go out to you all...

At 11:20 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I always wanted to do a home birth, but I am a chicken. Plus, I had problems during both of my pregnancies with high blood pressure, so I was constantly being monitored. And I failed to progress with Porgie and ended up with a damn c-section.

At 3:50 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

woohooo....thanks Beth.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home