Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Austin's 1st Birthday Party!

My cousin's little boy turned a year old.
We got to attend his birthday party on Saturday.
:)

Mommy & Gage, eating cake...


Gage & Austin...in the great toy stare-down...

No Gage, this is NOT yours....it's Austin's. Now go forth & share!

Daddy & Gage playing in their living room...


Austin, how old are you??? That's right, ONE!


A fairly good time was had by all. Gage takes a while to warm up in settings like that. Not to mention the fact that he fell asleep about 5 minutes before we got there.

So Austin's a year old now. He's walking. He points a lot, and REALLY enjoyed all of the balloons at his party.

Austin was born at home. How cool is that? His Mommy & Daddy delivered him with the help of a mid-wife. Racelle (his Mommy) says that she'll deliver future children the same way if she can help it! She shared the pictures with me *(no, I will not be sharing them here!), and it seemed just amazing.

Racelle was pregnant with Austin when I was pregnant with Masyn. She was one of the first phone calls that I made to share the good news, since she would have her baby right before I'd have mine, and we'd get to be pregnant together.
:(
So, it was kind of pecking in the back of my mind while we were there, but it surprisingly was not overwhelming. It is what it is, I suppose.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:15 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I am glad that it wasn't overwhelming, but I do know what you mean. Every birthday that my nieces have, every holiday, I am reminded that Kalila is not there and it seems that she should be.

Austin is just so sweet, and thanks for the adorable pictures of Gagey!

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Love the stare-down.
And you got through yet another hurdle/milestone. Good for you.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Gage & Austin...in the great toy stare-down...

So, who won?

I am glad you made it through. The pain of losing Masyn will never be gone but maybe you are healing.

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Angel said...

your husband is so hot!!!!

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

I didn't realise until I read this post that you had suffered such a sad loss. My heart and thoughts go out to you all...

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I always wanted to do a home birth, but I am a chicken. Plus, I had problems during both of my pregnancies with high blood pressure, so I was constantly being monitored. And I failed to progress with Porgie and ended up with a damn c-section.

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

woohooo....thanks Beth.
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home