Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Can I get a Budweiser?

....seriously folks, I have a confession to make.
Startling. It's very, very, very startling, and to be perfectly honest---it's news to me, as well.

I'm apparently one Budweiser away from being a NASCAR fan.

Why?
Because I have a son.
And THIS was on TV last night:


THE MONSTER TRUCK - FREESTYLE RECAP.

My son & I sat in the rocking chair, and watched it...and I got into it. And we got excited when a truck would lose a tire, and keep on going. And then I realized that I was one Budweiser away from being a NASCAR fan. And I was embarrassed.

But---we watched more Monster Trucks this morning, and we built our own Monster Truck track in the floor with metal mixing bowls, a log, and cardboard pieces for ramps.

We're cool like that.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Man your fun.

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Haha! There are a lot worse things in this life. =) I think a lot of us are one little boy (or girl) away from being NASCAR fans, whether we know it or not.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

I have 4 sons, and I still don't like truck/car racing? Does that make me weird, or you? lol

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Ah, mother/son bonding - it's amazing the influence those boys exert upon us. Goes both ways!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I think that just makes you a great mommy!

And by the way, it’s not just any old Bud . . . it’s Bud in a can

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Little Elvis and I discovered the Speed Network this weekend. We've watched the end of an off road truck race and Pimp My Car. Oh yeah.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

T went with a friend and his parents to the Monster Truck show in Albany on Saturday. He had a blast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home