Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Flu.

I got a flu shot.
I still *most likely* have the flu.
I opted out of the rapid response flu test b/c it involved a rinse of the nostrils. gross. also sounds painful.
Besides, even if it's +, what? Tamiflu? That only minimally reduces the course of the illness, which has to run its course regardless of medication.

Symptom management from here on out.

greeeeeeeeeeeeat.

I have online school work to do.
I've been doing that.
I'm RESTLESS. I want to just sleep, but I can't.

I've been able to hold down a cup of soup last night, about a 1/2 cup of goldfish crackers, water, and 1/2 a coke.

I get freezing, then I get hot.
My body aches from my shoulders down to my hips from coughing and throwing up.

The flu suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

13 Comments:

At 12:47 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Call me if you need anything. I will put on my "space suit" and be there in no time.

Get well soon, my friend!!

Hugs!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

SO sorry you are sick!!! Get better soon!!!!!

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I got the flu even after having the flu shot and know a few others that got it too. I'm sorry you feel so crappy. Get well soon!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Awww, poor you!

People all over here have the flu. I don't yet *knock on wood!

Feel better! Glad Gage's bones are healing.

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I'm hoping that isn't the road we're headed down - Travis has an "elevated temperature" (we're not calling it a fever in hopes we'll go to school tomorrow), and I'm so achy I could quite possibly cry. I feel your pain - literally.

Hang in there and ride the wave...

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Isn't getting a flu shot now a bit like shutting the door after the horse has bolted? Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Cipriano said...

I hope you are NOT, in fact, sick with any sort of flu............ thingie.
-- Cip.

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Yes, the flu does suck! Try to forget about all that needs to be done and simply concentrate on getting better. (Difficult for mothers to do, I know...)

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

yuck.
feel better soon.
and here's hoping you won't be dealing with it after you feel better by way of your husband or gage!!

rest well.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I'm so sorry. :( Nothing worse than being sick when you have things to do. :(

Hope you can get some rest.

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Shea said...

Oh my gosh! I have definitely been there. I hope you start to feel better soon! :( I got a flu shot....and I also got the flu. Just lovely when that happens.
Shea

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Tamiflu worked wonders for hubby. He was better in 2 days. My neighbors took it too and took only a few days to get better. Though I did hear today that flu is becoming resistant to it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home