Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama won.


Not that this is any kind of late breaking news...
...and, if you happen to be reading MY blog for political updates, well...then you're an idiot. Because I fall VERY short of reporting the national & global news. The news I report: local. As in, that which takes place in or around the Casa de Lainey Paney.

anywhooooo...I voted yesterday. 15 minutes roundtrip. That included drive time to & from my polling station, time to check in, time for questions, and time to vote. No lines. I'm so lucky.

So...happy day after election day.

Whether you like Obama or not, you must admit that he is an entertaining & charismatic speaker. And---tell me why I teared up during his speech? I hate to use the ol' cliche of "being a mom changes everything," but it does. I suddenly could feel the excitement for him from a mom's point of view, from a wife's point of view, and from a daughter's point of view....
And, being the sap that I am, I feel bad for the losers too. I understand that there has to be a winner & a loser. I get that. I just....feel bad. I can only imagine how badly each of them wanted this, and the great let down that it must be to not win.
And then....I wonder what McCain's wife is like....say, the morning AFTER the election? I mean, is she thinking, "okay, what the f*ck are we going to do today?" Do they just...go home? And then what???

Let's talk fashion for a minute....
Biden's wife: while you may look good in HighLighter Yellow, I really would have chosen a different color for her. Not supposed to be HER day...she should have chosen something a bit more muted. McCain's wife: loved the outfit, loved the color, loved the hair. Completely wrinkle free, and I swear I had this thought after watching her walk off the stage: I wonder how long she's been STANDING since putting that outfit on. There are ZERO wrinkles, so you know that she has not sat down once since getting dressed....
...you know me---I really think about & examine the important things in life...

I know that we all know the outcome of this election now. But, regardless of who you voted for, or who you wanted to win, I just think it was a very very very exciting time for all of us. We were either going to have a woman as VP or a minority as President. It's just remarkable how far we've come.

13 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Dana said...

Doesnt McCains wifes wrinkle free face kinda creep you out???! It does me!

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

I'm just glad the phone calls and commercials are going to stop!!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Mark said...

what was Damons take on the Obama win?

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I am from Canada and I was tearing up as I heard him. All morning, every time I heard his voice on the radio I teared up. funny. He truly is a wonderful speaker, whatever your politics.

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Mark: pretty much that the world may end, we as a nation will be attacked by Obama's friends/terrorists, and America will lose global power.

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Why are people so fatalistic! :o)
Every McCain supporter I’ve visited has said to start building your bunkers because Armageddon is coming.
Oh well, some people process let downs in different ways. I just hope that we as a nation can put our differences aside and not just start digging holes willy nilly preparing for the worst. I have nieces to think of.

I loved Obama’s speech but I was equally moved by McCain’s concession speech. I loved how he stopped the people from booing asking them to respect the president elect.

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I can agree with what you said. Outcome not exactly what I had hoped but the world is going to be okay. He is a great speaker. I almost felt myself tear up for McCain...didn't watch Obama's....went to sleep. I don't know what the deal was with yellow last night. McCain's mom was wearing yellow as were his children...even Cindy McCain's dress was a form of goldish, yellow...I don't get it! And...can I just say that I think that Sarah Palin is so pretty! Hope you're well.

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Our voting experience was also quick and painless -- 15 minutes total, and that was with us walking to the polling place!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Just because I don't vote based on it doesn't mean I don't notice fun things like fashion! Glad it's not just me. Who cares if it Matters. =)

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Ok..to BeeMusings...I am a McCain supporter and I don't think the world is coming to an end (atleast right this moment)...
On other notes...I loved Palin's dress:great color on her! And I too am glad I won't get 50million phone calls!
I think it's awesome that as a country we have embraced an African-American~That's a great thing. He does have his work cut out for him (either one would have) and I pray he chooses the right people to help him do what is best for this country.We'll just have to see.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

agreed!

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger angie said...

I have to feel bad for the loser too! I'm glad I'm not the only person who wanted Obama to win but then had a little pang of sadness for the loser. You gotta feel bad for all their work and then at the end they hae nothing!

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I kind of felt bad for McCain too. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want him to win, but that old man put a lot of effort into getting elected. And he is too old to run again. Kind of sad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home