Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, April 05, 2008

One Day Last Week...

...Or Maybe The Week Before...
I may have lost track of time.

Anyway.... One day last week, my mother in law was here managing my husband's care, and I had yardwork & a 2 year old to tend to....

How it all ended:

Gage & Me in a water sprinkler...
Why yes, those are my pajamas & galoshes. Why yes, I had worn them all day. Some days are like that.

I did a lot of hard work....and I was sooooo pleased with myself!

I planted Sweet Broom.
And, as I was digging my last hole, my mother in law said, "Laine, did you read this tag?" To which I replied, "Well, I saw that it would tolerate full sun. That & the fact that they smelled so good made me buy them." And then she informed me that the tag indicates that they should be planted four to five feet apart because they grow to be four to five feet tall. FUCK. Oh well. I left them. They aren't four feet tall yet...and if the truly do all grow that large then I will just trim them routinely & they'll look like one big giant bush. Some day.

Got my patio hanging baskets re-lined & filled....


And the day ended perfectly after Gage & I played in the sprinkler...


Never mind that I had to go to 3 different stores to ultimately buy the wrong size hanging basket liners (couldn't find the right size ANYWHERE), ran out of garden weedstop fabric spikes, and then ran out of mulch. I still got plenty done that day, and had fun with my buddy.

Another thing that I did was fix another hanging basket for the front porch b/c I got this super-cute hanging basket holder. Of course, I forgot to take a picture...but, oh well. It makes me happy. I tried to find a pic of the basket holder online at Home Depot...but, no such luck. I'll save it for another day...

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Looks like TONS of fun. I love spring in Texas...full of flowers and colors! It is August that depresses me, haha.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Oh I can hardly wait!

Thank you for this post.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Looks like fun. I wish it were warm enough here to play in a sprinkler!!

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Dana said...

I am extremely jealous that it is warm enough to play in the sprinkler. It is like 60 here today and I am ecstatic...lol...

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Love the red mulch. Usually, by this time of year, I can't wait to start planting but I just can't seem to get into it this year.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Hee He, love the photos! Particularly the one of you and Gage in the sprinkler, jamies and all!

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a busy, and fun day! Love the pics of you guys playing in the sprinklers. On a walk last week, we went by a sprinkler and I told Little Elvis he would have so much fun with sprinklers when he was a little older.

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger angie said...

Gage is so lucky to have a momma like you! Even when you had lots of things to do, you take the time out to play with him and be a kid again! WONDERFUL! I too wish it was warm enough here to play in the sprinklers!

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I still love running through sprinklers. There are very few things in life that are better.

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger S said...

That looks like tons of fun!

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger Beth said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day with your son.
And your gardening efforts are impressive! (I have a black thumb...)

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am that you have weather nice enough to plant AND run through a sprinkler.

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Wow! You definitely have been productive! I'm jealous- it is definitely NOT warm enough here to run through the sprinklers!

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Great pics. (And you so DO NOT look pregnant! You look fab. And I mean that.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home