Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Whirlwind!!!

So, Friday morning...couldn't find my wedding ring.
Went to work without it.
Came home.
Couldn't find it.
Turned the house upside down.
Found it.

Saturday, grocery shopping.
Dad came over for a bit.
We played tee ball w/ Baby Gage, and soccer w/ the new Soccer ball Santa brought, and the old SpiderMan ball.
Hubby installed a new shower head in the main bathroom. We were having faucet problems in there. Problems no more! And I was soooooo excited to shower!!

Saturday night....
Went to the video store. (1) Gage was such a big boy! He mastered his first outing in big-boy-underwear with no accidents! (2) He was excited to be walking on his own in the store, and was excited to leave. He headed for the door just about 3 feet ahead of us. He missed the door---and the glass next to the door was so clean that he thought it was an open space. Ran RIGHT INTO THE GLASS & fell back onto his back. Bless his heart. Luckily---it was really thick glass & knocked him down rather than breaking. OMG, that would have been HORRIBLE! His forehead & nose hurt...poor guy. But, in the end---he's okay.

After that, back at home, Gage was rough-housing w/ Daddy, and I took a header to the face. OMG, it hurt. My cheek bone & eye area started to swell. I asked Hubby if my face was swollen...he dodged answering. I had to remind him that one of my cheek bones does not normally look like Cher's. Mmmkay? Went to bed, and it just hurt & hurt.

Woke up this morning....not so swollen, and I don't notice any bruising, but it hurts when I blink. So, I'm very aware of it at all times.

This morning, we're in big-boy undies, and he's had one accident, and one successful trip to the potty.

The weather here in Dallas has been awesome. seriously---we're talking shorts weather. Today just might include a trip to the park!

:)

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

im feeling you girl...my ass back and head hurt from my fall yesterday

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the potty training!

one of my life's greatest accomplishments to date was potty training my Joe. man, it was a bitch. but the high you get when it's achieved is like no other! :)

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Judy said...

So, when Gage is an accomplished potty-er, send him a few hours down 35 and have him work his magic on Tyler, mkay?

Where was the ring?

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

Good going Gage, with the potty training. Awesome!

My bruised eye is almost gone now...you'll be amazed how quickly it gets better!

It is so odd to think of you guys in shorts ... we are on day 3 of a continual snowstorm here! Crazy weather all around, it seems.

Heidi

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

This is so sad to say, but my arm is sore from playing Wii. How pathetic is that? I hope your eye is feeling better - that area is so tender!

Kimmy

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Laura said...

That is awesome re toilet learning...my little guy is struggling right now...oh well, it will come.

Hope your face feels better!

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Barrie said...

So, where did you find your ring?

May you have an accident-free day!

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Kila said...

Congratulations Gage, what a big boy you are!

I've had plenty of facial bruises from my guys while playing!

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Hope your face is feeling better! It sounds like potty training is going amazing. Good for Gage!

We were thrilled here to get to 41 degees to melt most of the snow, but the reality is, we have a long winter ahead yet! I'm jealous of the park plans!

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

So unfair, short weather!!!?? And they say it never rains in California.

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!!

I wish we had nice weather. We aren't cold, we aren't warm... we are just sitting around waiting for the inevitable blizzard some day LOL.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

The ring: well, when I got home from work on Thursday, I got the nail file out b/c I broke a nail. I took my ring off to file my nails. (Why??? I don't know!) I set it on the couch....and when I was done filing my nails, I forgot to pick up the ring. It was smothered between the couch cushions when I finally found it.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I so have to go out today. Maybe the local park with the soccer field. 80 degrees in January. Crazy. Last time I fell and hurt my face i told hubby I was going to take a picture just in case I needed to build a case against hi in court. He was not amused.

 
At 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today! Looks like Gage is on his way to be diaper free. YAY!

I think we are in the 50s today too, can't complain about the weather when last week we were at 5degrees.

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

awww... lol.. you guys must walk around saying you should see the other guy huh? fred did the "bounce off the door" thing recently.. its so funny and sad at the same time.. lol. Isnt the weather great.. I'm in Illinois. a far cry from your weather this time of year.. but let me tellyou it was 62 degrees here today!! IN JANUARY!! oh but i know whats coming.. guh

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I am gone a few days and I come back to 9 posts from you on my Google reader...Is that all you do all day? LOL Hope you enjoying the weather.

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Oh yeah, and congrats to Gage.

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I wish that it was shorts weather here and not freezing cold!

Awesome on the potty training!!! What a big boy!

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

enjoy your day...and CONGRATS on the successful journey out in "big boy underwear"!

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Well, where to begin? Glad you found your wedding ring, that had to shave a few seconds off your life when you realized it was missing, yikes! Sorry both you and Gage have boo-boos, ouchy! My oldest son cracked me in the nose with one of those hard cardboard picture books once (by accident), I thought he broke my nose, but alas it was fine. (not unlike your "Cher" cheek, too funny!) Good job on the potty training, high five for Gage! (and love the Thomas the Tank undies, so cute!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home