Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Um......

Yeah, I guess my NEW New Year's Resolution will be to get my a$$ to work on time.

57 tardies in 6 months is kind of a lot, right?

It's amazing I still have a job.

In my defense: I have a LOT of driving to do to get to work on time.

I wake up in City X. Then, I drive 16.52 miles to City Y, to drop Gage off with my Mother in Law.
After that, I turn around, hop back on the highway....pass right back through City X on my way to City Z. From City Y to City Z is 42.01 miles.

So, in total, I drive 58.53 miles before I ever even hit the door at work.
So, what does that equal? 57 tardies. Why? Because---I'd be totally fine if it was just me on the road. It's the other idiots & accidents that make me late.

Clearly---it's not my fault, RIGHT?

Ok....maybe 1 or 2 of them were my fault.....

stupid work.

12 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who counts?

Are you a teacher?

That's the only place I've ever been counted as late..as a teacher..otherwise no one ever knew when I was late.

That sucks.

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

That is a lot, but shouldn't be held against you at all!!! :)

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I think you are supposed to leave earlier in the morning - or quit and stay home and eat bon-bons. I vote for option 2!

Hallie

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

It is definitely NOT your fault. Who is EVER on time anyway, and who's counting?

Kimmy
http://talesofablenderkimmy.blogspot.com/

 
At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, don't sweat it! if it makes ya feel any better, i live 5 miles from my job and i'm always tardy!:)

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

LOL! Stupid work is right!!

But seriously that is a lot of driving...no possibility of doing something about that??

Heidi

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

Gotta hate that commute!!!

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

um, tardies??? really???
are you in the 7th grade?

sorry bout that. i can imagine how frustrating your mornings must be.

here's to tomorrow!

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

I understand. I have chronic lateness. I am usually 5-10 minutes late to EVERYTHING. One little trick I do is to set all my clocks forward a bit. But you still have to convince your brain that your clock is right.

Ugggh. Being on time is overrated!!

Do you get penalized?

 
At 1:00 AM , Blogger kat said...

Wow that is a long drive and so not your fault...If everybody would drive and act as if they were sane maybe all of us could get into work on time.

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

You know, I absolutely hate it when work interferes with my personal life....

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Damn thats a lot of car time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home