Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dance Your Cares Away....

Photobucket

So...12/26 started out as a mega-fabulous-mommy-&-baby-stay-at-home day.
There was much dancing.
There was much singing.
There we were. Just me & him, and it was perfect and enough.


And weeeeeeeee....watched this:
Photobucket
Seriously, how long has it been since you watched "Fraggle Rock"?

Well....I remember it being such a great show.
Santa brought us a Fraggle Rock DVD.
Um...now that I'm a grown up...I can honestly say that the best thing about Fraggle Rock is the theme song. Gage wasn't all that into it, and after playing the theme song about 50 times & dancing & singing like crazy...we were both kind of over it.
So long, Suckahs!

Moving on:
The weather was yucky that day, but eventually.....we ventured out to the mall.
Preface: (1) Gage slept in late that morning. (2) Gage took a long & late nap.

Onto the story, which actually has a couple of funny parts:
(1) At one point, Gage was out of his stroller, walking. We walked by Victoria's Secret, and he THROWS A FIT at the entrance because I don't want to go in there. There is nothing I need in there. No. Well, he's pointing at scantily clad mannequins. He wants them.
....yes, Gage, I know. You want VS Models, you want hookers....you officially have a penis & you enjoy things that are visually appealing. Yes. I got it. The answer is still no, now get your a$$ up.

Moving on...
(2) In the play area, Gage & this one little girl, Christina, played uninterrupted for about 20 minutes. They played chase. They looked at ducks & turtles together. It was just the two of them (not really, but to them, it probably seemed that way). THEN....another little girl showed up. She was about 2. Christina was probably about 3 & a half.... Anyway....the other little girl showed up. A beautiful child, and very outgoing. She went right up to Gage, took his little hand, and off they went to play chase. Well, Christina was heartbroken. To the point of big ol' tears. She even came to talk to ME about it. She finally decided that she would not share Gage, and yet, she could NOT bring herself to just walk away. She approached Gage, who of course was gallivanting with this newer, younger, girl. She would force him to choose. With her hands on her hips, she exclaimed, "If you are going to play with Me, then you can't play with HER!" He was silent & still for a moment. He took off with the younger, cuter, more outgoing girl. After some time, he went back to Christina. And, she took him back. The younger, cuter, more outgoing girl was off doing her own thing. But, Gage & Christina laid on the floor studying the turtles...laughing---about something.... And shortly thereafter, it was time for all of us to go our separate ways. Gage cried. They said their good-byes....

...and then....we went shopping.
(3) which leads me to story #3 from one mall outing. I went into this store. I selected a sweater for purchase. I was at the checkout, and I admit, did not pay much attention to Gage in the stroller. APPARENTLY, I parked the stroller a little too close to this display of lip gloss things. Pay for my sweater & we leave. It's about 10 minutes until 9 by this point (for those not down w/ the shopping lingo, or mall operating times---the mall closes at 9 per normal operating hours, or at least the major dept. stores close at 9 M-Sat, when there are no special sales going on....) Anyway...I look at Gage, and realize---he's taken 4 tubes of lip gloss. WTF? So, I have to go through the whole thing about stealing & why it's not nice & how we pay for items that we'd like to take home from the store, yada, yada. I turn the stroller around & take the lip glosses back. No biggie according to the store employees (which, surprised me a little...I mean, I expected them to be understanding, but seriously---the "no biggie"/"whatever" attitude I got....um....if I actually owned the store, it would be a little concerning. I'd expect them to pay a little more attention to the store inventory....but again---I'm off on a tangent).
So, we return the lip gloss. Get back over to Dillard's 3 minutes past 9. No they won't open the door for me. Yes, I asked through the glass. They pointed me in the direction of a side door. The security guard over there points me down a hallway & tells me that there is a door to the outside, as well as an elevator. Okay. Guess what? the elevator only goes UP. I need to go down. No elevator for that. So, three women, (a mom & her two young adult daughters) helped me w/ my stroller & super-clingy 2 year old to get down a spiral staircase. TONS OF FUN.

But hey---to the three strangers who helped me: THANK YOU!
Seriously---me alone in a parking garage at 9:10 pm, in the dark with just my baby, my stroller & the seemingly ginormous task of getting down a spiral staircase....Prior to them offering to help me---I looked at my stroller & assessed how much I really like & need it.

Anyway....that was our day.
It involved singing, dancing, & a trip to the mall. Clearly, I had the perfect day.
For Gage....well, he got a cookie at the mall & got to play all day long. Of course, he did throw one fit & get a talking to for stealing....but, nonetheless....I'd say he had a good day too.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I remember watching Fraggle Rock but can't remember a thing about what it was about.Also, thank goodness for kind strangers!

Have a Happy New Year!

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

nevermind the stairs or elevator there is no way in hell you would get me to go outside in the dark alone with my kid. nope not doing it

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a very full day! I'm glad those women helped you guys. I didn't realize that Fraggle Rock had come back until I saw a book at Marshalls a few weeks ago. I was so excited that all the things I thought were cool as a child were coming back in style. Hate that the show isn't as cool as remembered, though.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

i can't believe they made you do that! WHat if there was no one to help you!!! F-er's

I also watched Fraggle Rock and LOVED IT!!! I wonder if I would think it was silly today too? I think maybe we are over exposed to cool cartoons and movies so the magic of it is gone???

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

he's a character! fun day.

sounds like your holidays were a good time. but i am sorry you were stranded. i'd be freaked out and i don't have a child.

hope your new year is just as fun!
with all the changing he's doing, i'm sure it will be....

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger midwest princess said...

thanks for the comment lainey-painey! i guess i have been -what my sister calls-"lurking" on your blog. :) your baby gage stories are very funny. happy new year!

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ROFLMAO...those boys start young don't they??? that is HILARIOUS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home