Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, November 01, 2007

WalMart HEARTS China...

...& so do the Wakeup Walmart people!

So, yesterday, we returned some movies to our local video rental store, and it is near a WalMart. We saw these people outside picketing near WalMart. I secretly admire people who picket anything...taking a stand & what not. So of course, I want to know what their beef is. They are a group called "Wakeup Walmart".

[www.wakeupwalmart.com/china is the website on the printed material given to me]
I got a paper handout from them. The man told me about WalMart & their trade deals with China. He then offered my 2 year old son the choice between Halloween candy or a Halloween toy. After talking about how WalMart has so much to do w/ China & how dangerous toys from China can be, he handed my child a small plastic frog. As we drove away, I flipped the frog over: "made in China".

Anyone else see the irony in this??? It was a yellow & black frog. Yellow plastic, painted w/ black paint for the spots/details.

11 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

That IS really strange. I only like picketers if they are for what I believe in! Just kidden, this is America, right.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

As I was reading that, I thought the guy was going to offer Gage a toy and then tell him some awful story about kids having to make it, then take the toy away. I'm glad he didn't do that, but it's weird that they would hand out cheap toys after protesting an agreement that provides them.

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Elle said...

I dunno - was it a toy from Wal-mart to drive home the point?

That are they aren't very smart when it comes to sticking to their convictions!

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh the Irony! Umm- you really would think they would CHECK to see where the toys are from? Especially NOW?! Garsh.

Well... eh...

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

hypocrisy much?

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Reid said...

I SO would have turned around and taken it back to them to point out the issue.

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

You should go back and ask them about if they knew where the toy was from. I would love to see their faces.

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Dana said...

I agreee...you should go back and shove the dumb toy in their faces...how idiotic of them!?!?!?

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Maggie Moo said...

That is hysterical in a sad way...sometimes I think people get so caught up in focusing on one target they don't even realize how stupid they can be!!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Angel said...

knowing you, you threw that frog out the window, right? ;)

I happen to love walmart. god, I am so not political correct, but I don't care!

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Har. Check it for lead content. I saw a documentary on Walmart not too long ago. If it is true then Walmart is truly evil...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home