Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary...

So, I've been married for 4 years....

Way back when....

Our engagement....
Damon proposed in Aruba.


funny story about that...we were walking on the beach, and we just kept walking, and walking...and walking. I was ready to go back, but he kept us going along the beach. Later he told me that he was going over what he was going to say in his head, but kept getting it wrong, so he just kept walking & going over it again & again. Finally, he stopped & got down on one knee. Just as he started the proposal, a party barge docked & started blaring "The Electric Slide" sooooooooooo loud. I could barely hear his words over the music. Anyway.... that was our proposal.

And here were our engagement announcement postcards....


After that....engagement pics...

(this one was taken on the porch of the building where we got married)

And, I lived in downtown Dallas when we met, and then we got a loft together downtown...so we had our engagement pics taken downtown.


And...we had wedding showers! (I felt like a total spazz being the center of attention & opening gifts. The attention part wasn't so bad, but I get completely freaked out about opening gifts in front of others....but, I have to say that having wedding showers & a baby shower has really helped w/ that whole fear thing. It's not so bad anymore, but I was completely freaked out at my first wedding shower!)


Of course, there was a bachelorette party....which included me being spanked by a random (& might I point out: older) man...

And lots of alcohol consumption...(who??? me????)

And...me, at the end of the night, modeling lingerie...over my clothes.

[there were also body shots off Mike Modano's chest...but I believe THE MISTER destroyed those... Hey, Hubby...I still married YOU!]

And then...November 7th came.
It was a rainy, cold day.
I started the day @ Methodist Hospital checking on my Papa, and wouldn't you know it---I show up for a visit b/c I just knew they wouldn't let him out for my wedding. Well, I was wrong! Shortly after I got there, the doc came in & d/c'd him. Woohoo!

It was a busy day. I am sure I was a bitch...I don't remember. In fact, I don't ever remember telling Megan to get sugar b/c I was apparently certain that the caterer would forget. So, she says that I sent her to the store for sugar, and since I was not clear about cubes or granulated....I don't know, maybe she brought both.

I had to run back to the loft for something...and I remember that the last non-wedding song that I heard that day was "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith. Random memory, I know...

Before I knew it, it was dark...and wedding time. We were married on a Friday night at the Scottish Rite Cathedral downtown...(& like I said, it was rainy)


My dad walked me down the stairs, into the ballroom, & down the aisle...


We were married in the center of the ballroom with the guests & bridal party all around us. It was different, but perfect for us.


Mr. & Mrs.....


My fabulous super huge wedding cake...made by my mother!


I had fun & funky black feathers everywhere! In my hair, in my bouquet, on the cake, & in the floral arrangements...


I was sooooooooo tired by the end. And my hubby whisked me away! (Honestly, it was cold & wet. He ran down those stairs carrying me, and I was so afraid that he was going to drop me!)


...and then it was over.


We stayed that night @ the Adolphus downtown. We were so hungry...and the restaurant there was closed. Room Service was closed...or it was going to take a long time...something. I can't remember, but we ended up calling Mark (the best man) & he went to Whataburger for us. We ate Whataburger & crashed. Fun, huh?

:)

...and tonight. Tonight I've been married for 4 years. The hubby is out with his boss & a client. Not his scheduling choice, so...there's that. I'm sitting at home alone, with a cold. How's that for fun.

But hey---at least I got flowers today! [...they are from our neighbor for helping her during the middle of the night when her hot water heater busted...but, I got flowers nonetheless!]

Labels:

27 Comments:

At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Great story, love the photos...in that first one, are you holding a cigar?

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

um...yes.
we smoked cigars that night in aruba...

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Your wedding pics are great and you look so beautiful! I love the wedding cake! Ours was ivory and red, but not nearly so pretty. I'm sorry you have to spend your anniversary evening alone and sick. Hope you feel better soon.!

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

happy anniversay!!!!!!!!!!! maybe tonight you will get a back rub with some vics for your cold *wink*

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful pictures. I was married 4 years this year, too. I love your dress.

 
At 2:42 AM , Blogger kat said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a lovely bride and I love your dress. I was proposed to in a Pub in Ireland...lovely memories :)

 
At 4:40 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Happy Anniversary...You are soo beautiful. Love the engagement pictures!

 
At 5:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...

You are gorgeous.

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

i HATE opening presents in front of people!

and also YOUR MOM MADE THAT CAKE??? OH MY FUCK!

 
At 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
You looked STUNNING! I liove your gown.

What does it say on the runner?

Our wedding night, we had to get a ride home from the best man... I went to the church via limo & Joe was driven by the best man... we had no car to get home!! Poor planning much?

 
At 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe that cake your mom made, it is in a class by itself - as are you!

Wonderful pictures and a lovely story about love, that goes on and on!

P.S. You look gorgeous!

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Happy Anniversary!
Great pictures - what a beautiful bride!

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Wow, your wedding looked fabulous. I especially love the wedding cake.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Very lovely and romantic story and pictures. Happy Anniversary!

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Angel said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the black dresses and feathers..

You are freakin BEAUTIFUL!! Great smile!!

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Fratzels said...

What a beautiful wedding! Thank you for sharing your pictures!

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look so great together!

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Very beautiful! I love the pictures. Congratulations on 4 years!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh my GOSH! Congrats on 4 FAB YEARS! I love your wedding photos!! So awesome. I love looking back at weddings!

 
At 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your story and your picture at the shower cracks me up! You are so cute!!!

You look absolutely stunning in your wedding dress. I love that it had black in it. So amazing! Completely elegant!

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

congratulations!!!!

y'all are a nice lookin' couple!
hope you'll get to celebrate #5 better.

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Happy Anniversary, great pictures!

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Tori :) said...

Wow! Loved all the pics!! Happy Anniversary!!
Texas... I miss it. :(

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Judy said...

LOVE your pictures - and happy anniversary! The big FOUR!

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger angie said...

Happy Anniversay...I love the walk down memory lane...the pictures are beautiful!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Em said...

Happy annaversary! Love all the photos!

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! I love your dress!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home