Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 05, 2007

Gage Lingo...

"Slickanoona" = Snickerdoodle Cookie

Off & On....used, but rarely used correctly.
Example: "Take the shoes On." when really, he wants them off.

"Fifi" = TV

"Leaka-logs" = Lincoln Logs

"Leeeeeeeeb-it." = Leave it.

"Darnin" = Darling = Memma = My mom. He calls her "darnin" b/c she always says, "bye darlin'".

....but, Slickanoona just might be my favorite. It's definitely in my top 5 for favorite things to hear Gage say. I just remember when he used to say "uh-oh" all the time, and it was my favorite. I still love to hear him say that....but, slickanoona is so long & complex & creative.
:)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

sadly, i predict you'll be blogging too soon to say how you miss that silly word. (:

how funny

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Very cute. Porgie's new thing is saying "Mmmmmm" every time she sees food.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

we were just talking today about how when the "atlantis" movie came out that h thought (for some odd reason) that it was "biolantis." it was so cute! it took him forever to get the word right, but when he did, he said it emphatically: "AAATTTT-lantis."

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

snickernoonal love it

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger Beth said...

You will be so glad you kept a record of these precious words.
And so will Gage. My kids (big boys!) still get a kick out of reading my Mother's Journal.

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

ALSO I SPELLED SLICKANOONA ALL WRONG IN MY LAST COMMENT

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

That is so cute! I love the little things that come out of kids mouths.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Do you make a lot of Slickanoonas now, just so he can say it? Very cute.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

I remember when Rach started talking. I thought it was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard. Now she talks from the second she wakes up to after she falls asleep. Interesting what she says in her sleep..

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Angel said...

oh god, I love it when they start talking like that. I miss that...except my one son, who is 15, still says, "Ever mind" instead of Never mind.

I hope he always says it like that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home