Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, January 29, 2007

Northpark.

Sunday.
Went to Northpark.

Quote of the day: "Don't give him that sippy! Someone could have put CRACK in there!"

(Oh, of course, a story will be coming.....)

For those who don't live around here...Northpark is a mall. And, I love it.
It's my favorite mall. I go there quite a bit.

And...So...we set out. Left the house...apple in progress, while riding to the mall.

(why, yes. I do drive & photograph my child at the same time! Let's all be glad I wasn't also changing lanes & picking a CD too!)

They have an indoor pond-like area with ducks & turtles.
Gage wanted to get in so badly!


In this next one, you can just see how he's kind of given up...
"It's hopeless!"


And yet, another futile attempt at reaching the ducks!



Sippy Story:
Okay...so we're at Northpark.
We are upstairs at Paciugo's to get some very overpriced but super tastey gelato. ($3 for a scoop of ice cream? Come on! Just my opinion....)
Anyway...we're at Paciugo's to get some gelato. It's very a super-tastey treat, and not something we eat every day.
The line...crazy long.
So, we get in line.
me: "Where's his sippy cup?"
husband: "I don't know."
...we look all over for it. We must have lost it. Okay. No big deal. It was like $2 at WalMart. No biggie.
We go through the line, and after we pay, we are walking away...I see the sippy on it's side next to the wall. He must have dropped it...it rolled over there...it was about 10 feet away from us a the most.
And yet, when I handed it to my husband, and he motioned to put it in the basket under the stroller, I panicked---thinking he was about to give the sippy cup to my son. So, out of my mouth comes the following: "DON'T GIVE HIM THAT SIPPY! Someone could have put CRACK in there!!!"
To which my husband responded, "I wasn't. I was putting it in the basket."
And then he proceeded to make fun of the fact that my brain instantly went to "someone putting crack in the sippy cup".

Mocking......"why, here I am....a crackhead...just looking for a place to put my crack. Oh, I know...I'll put it right here in this sippy cup on the floor!"

Hey...I'm just saying...you never know what wack-jobs out there will do to hurt kids.

Crack is Wack.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Blogger CBM said...

LOL! You're not the only sometimes-neurotic overly cautious mother of one out there. I'm right there with ya, sister. I might not have jumped to the "crack" conclusion, but I would definitely been a germphobe about it.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

I guess it's b/c I deal with crackheads on a daily basis...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home