Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tricks are for kids...

So, when all else fails, pitch a fit.
That seems to be Baby Gage's motto, and it sure carried him through Trick-or-Treating last night...

So, we head out to Rockwall, where we PLAN to take Gage trick-or-treating in the neighborhood where the in-laws live, and we know quite a few families out there, and they know Baby Gage...

Well, as is the practice in this lovely gated golf community, everyone trick-or-treats by golf cart. Yes, that's right. There is no walking from house...you hop on your golf cart & ride around from house to house.
It's a lot of fun.
:)
And, it helps that Gage LOVES riding on the golf cart.

What doesnt help: Gage's teething, and lack of a single NAP all day on Halloween.

So...by the time we got ready to go, he was in a super-great mood (note the sarcasm...)
And, it was cold (according to Damon, it's supposed to be cold...) so he had to wear his coat on top of his zebra costume...


Sitting in between Mommy & Daddy, all bundled up under a quilt on the golf cart...


Out & About with one of the neighbors...

And there were tons of interesting decorations...
Like this weird statue...it was all dressed up...
but, it was a weird statue to begin with.


And then this house had a light show, sound effects, all the bells & whistles. It was a hit with the bigger kids, but Gage was not having it.


Here's Mommy & Gage on the golf cart... I tried to take this picture myself as we were cruising along, so you can see that only 1/2 of my child's face is in it. Um, sorry 'bout that.


And then, let's address the actual act of trick-or-treating. That moment where you as a parent stand there proudly to display your offspring to family and friends.
Well...Gage must have been thinking the following:
"Hey, watch this. I'm going to pitch the biggest fit ever, and then they will pick me up, and we'll get to ride on the cart some more."
or...
"The trick's on you, Mom & Dad. I'm going to pitch a fit & watch you both turn red!"

So, all 3 of us would get off the cart.
We'd go up to the front door of a friend.
We'd ring the doorbell.
...and let the SHOW be---gin!
That's when the fit began. Wehn the homeowner was already on their way to the door--so it was too late, to leave...By the time they opened the door, we were the proud parents of a kicking & screaming 13 month old zebra on the floor of their front porch.

"Why, hello friend. Look at my child. Look at my fine parenting skills at work. Not only have I dressed my innocent child as a zebra, I brought him out in the cold to knock on your door and ask for candy. I've embarrassed him to no end, and he's making me pay for it. Thank you for your time. Now give my kid some damn candy!"
Peace Out.

Yes, it was an eventful night.
Gage really did enjoy riding around on the golf cart though...

And when we got back to the in-law's house...took his coat off....he just laid on the floor for a minute or two (that's like an eternity in HIS time).




And then, suddenly when he realized that trick-or-treating was over, he was fine.
Fine.



Now look at this little tail...how cute is that???


So, I'm sure we'll try all of this again next year...or maybe not. If my child just isnt into Halloween, that's one less thing for me to spend $$ on. I have a feeling he'll be into it a bit more when he's a bit older....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home