Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 20, 2006

Juggling...



I'm a mom.
I'm also a full time employee.
I'm also a part-time grad student, at 6 hours per semester.
I also commute over an hour to work 5 days per week.

It's hard.
I miss my son all the time.

I don't really want to get into it all just now...but I don't like being judged for the choices I've made regarding parenthood, regarding my "working-mom" status, or regarding my choice to return to school right now.
I've got a limited window of opportunity for "free" school (I get 20 hours waived for returning within 5 years of getting my bach. degree...plus I get tuition reimbursement...)

This is my life right now.
It's not super easy.
We're all making sacrifices.
But I won't tolerate anyone saying or implying that I am a bad mother for not staying at home.
....and if it happens again, I probably won't be such a little people pleaser & sit there & take it.

I'm a MOM!
I WORK!
I GO TO SCHOOL!

...but, I'm still the one who gets up at 5 to start my day. I'm still the one who wakes him up every morning. 5 nights a week--I'm there for dinner & playtime, and rocking until he goes to sleep. On the weekends---he's generally with ME!
So, nobody has any room to judge me, or comment on my life right now until they walk in my damn shoes for a week.

...if you disagree with my choices, tough sh*t.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute you on being a working mom! You should be proud of yourself and all that you do for yourself and your family. I was raised by a working mom and she juggled a lot of stuff even though dad helped...she did it all. As her daughter I could see how she had so much time for everything we did and I appreciated her more because she worked and raised us...she made scrafices for us but us kids were none the wiser...we had/still have a GREAT mom. Which is why I know I will be a working mom to someday. Hold your head high working mom! Be proud of all you do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home