Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, November 17, 2006

Who Let the Dogs Out?

Who?
Who?
who?
who?
who?



Okay...so, Eddie has his run of one part of the house, and because of Eddie's size--we usually keep the dog & baby separate, unless we're both home to supervise.
And, I hope you don't think that Eddie's not good with Gage, because he is. He just doesn't always realize how BIG he is, and the fact that he is a dog, and it would only take one second for something tragic to happen. So...we just personally feel that they can coexist in our home, separately, and sometimes supervised together.
...and Gage & Eddie have hugs & pats & laughter & licks every day at the baby gate.

...ah, yes, the baby gate. That which separates man from his pooch...

Well...twice this week, Eddie has now realized that he can easily jump over the baby gate, but he's officially restaked his claim on the house.

One afternoon....I guess it was Monday, maybe. Anyway---I was the first one home, which is rare...as I walked up to the house, I saw Eddie make a mad dash through the living room. As I opened the door, he was just barely rounding the corner from the living room through the dining room. He FROZE when the door opened & I entered. When I said his name, his head slowly lowered. Oh, he totally knew he was busted.
...but, it's Mom here. I dont care. When I'm coming home alone or home w/ the baby, and Damon's out of town---you bet---Eddie gets the run of the house, and he sleeps with me too!

So...then the other morning, when I woke up...I went to throw some clothes in the dryer (so much easier than ironing!). Eddie was nowhere to be found. So, I start checking the couches. Of course, that's where I found him.

So, instead of getting onto him for jumping the baby gate...instead of getting onto him for being on the couch...what do I do? I snap a picture, of course.

Eddie knows I'm a pushover.
Gage knows I'm a pushover.
It's hopeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home