Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

CMAs...

Okay...I'm not much on Awards shows...
But, now that we can pause & more importantly, fast-forward live TV, I dont mind them so much.

I watched some of the CMAs (Country Music Awards) last night...and of course, I have some commentary.

That taupe/gray/beige & black outfit that Trisha Yearwood wore. WHO told her that looked good? She's got big hips to begin with. That just made her look wide. She pays people to be around her & dress her up to look pretty. Those people need to be brutally honest to earn their paychecks, and quite clearly---she's paying a bunch of liars to stand around & tell her that she looked great. Well, she didnt. Like I said, the word is "wide". Not a good choice.

Miranda Lambert. Love her! When I was about 16 or 17 weeks pregnant, my belly was just the perfect size. Not toooooo big & uncomfortable...but big enough that people knew that I was pregnant. Well, anyway...I took Damon to a concert where she played. She was the only one we actually watched, and then we left. I just think she's so cute & precious.
...anyway...she sang this song last night that was cute & funny, and most of us can identify with in some way. It's called (I think) "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend". Funny, funny.
But...her stage presence/ending....well, it just kind of made her look young & immature in stardom (if anyone else can see what I mean with that phrase...) She finished her song, hit the microphone knocking it to the floor, and then took off her guitar & beat the stage floor with it. I understand that she was "going out with a bang" like a crazy-psycho-ex-girlfriend...but it just didnt go over too well in my opinion. that's okay. still love her, so I wont hold it against her.

George Strait: my goodness...how old is that man now? maybe he just seems like he should be a hundred years old because of all his success & achievements...anyway, for his age, I have to say: he's still quite handsome.

Brooks & Dunn: so annoying. so tired of seeing them. which one is Brooks & which one is Dunn??? The one with the red hair---yes, it was "perfectly tossled", and your bronzer looked...just....well, very bronze. And to the other one---the non-red-headed one---what's up with all of the outfit changes? Seriously---did you like some of those outfits so much & maybe were afraid that you'd never have another occasion to wear them??? Give it a rest. None of us really cared what you wearing in the first place.

Josh Turner: what a voice. Holy cow. His voice goes so deep---you expect that kind of sound out of "Big John" (reflecting on that oldies song..."Big John...oooohooohooh, Big Bad John") He looked very cute like he wasnt trying too hard to be "cool". good job.

Brad Paisley & his wife are just so cute! I could take the time to look up her name, but I'm not going to. She's the daughter from "Father of the Bride" with Steve Martin. Anyway...they just seem so cute together.

Martina McBride...always a hit. I love so many of her songs. She had a new one that she sang on the CMAs last night. It's called "Anyway", and the meanings are just great. Good little song...

Vince Gill...he also had another good heart-felt song...his wife, daughter, and Sheryl Crow also sang with him. OMG, his dtr looks so much like him!

Okay...I think that's about all I have to say about that subject...
Gotta run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home