Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Busy MomMom

Well, I'm a busy mama now.
I work full time.
Go to school part time.
Juggle family life & party planning & yardwork...etc.

Gage's birthday is coming up...the invites have gone out...(yesterday, finally).

And of course...I've already been shopping.
And of course, I couldnt wait to give Gage his gifts, so I didnt.
I can already tell---Christmas is going to be tough too. I just dont like to wait! I want to give him his gifts right away!!!

So...he got the ride-on firetruck from babystyle (there's a babystyle store at Northpark...).
Word to the wise: pay attention to the fenders.
See, Gage's straddle is wide enough that he can sit on the seat & walk the truck forward. But...those fenders stick out & catch his heels! So, he sits on it, goes forward, catches his heels, starts crying, but keeps going. He just cries the whole time he's scooting around the house. On one hand, it's fun & he's enjoying it, but on the other hand, it hurts. So, he doesnt stop---he just cries while he goes along. It's sad & funny at the same time.
So...I put his shoes (new shoes!) on him. Thought it might help. It doesnt help too much.




This was after it caught his heel & I took him off...

Bought Gage some new shoes. They are precious. Little Converse All Star tennis shoes. Loving them!

Oh, also for his birthday....went ahead & got the zebra...
He's not so much a fan of it. I seem to like the concept of it more than he likes the actual toy.
And again, I couldnt wait to give it to him...

You may note that I dont have any pics of Gage on this toy. that's because they say it is for 1 year olds. Well, maybe since Gage is only 11 months, he's not yet ready...or maybe I just overestimated my child's balancing abilities. When you put him on this, you have to make sure that you are there to hold him in the saddle, or he'll slide right off. Yes, we learned that the hard way, and he hasnt been super-excited to get back on. But, he will go over & knock the zebra in the face to make the lights & music begin. He likes that part. Maybe he'll grow into this.

Also for his birthday I got him a firetruck outfit & set of jammies.
These things I haven't given to him yet. So I at least can hold off on some things!


Gage is so into anything musical. On Sunday, it just seemed to be our cartoon day. I woke up with him that morning, and we watched The Wiggles, and then JoJo's Circus. The Wiggles visited the NY Fire Department. And then, JoJo & her friends learned about fire safety. Do we detect a theme?? Anyway...I'm convinced that it was all arranged for Gage & his upcoming firetruck birthday party.

I'm sure I'm not the first parent to say this, but The Wiggles are completely annoying if you are a parent. But, I appreciate their ability to capture my son's attention for more than 30 seconds.
Dear Wiggles: you annoy the crap out of me, but I am so glad you exist.

We're having a wedding shower for a coworker (my office-mate) tomorrow.
That'll be good.
I have class tomorrow night.
I have a baby shower to attend on Saturday.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

I got our invite today! Super cute! (do I sound like a cheerleader?) :)

Anyway...you KNOW we are coming...I can't believe I haven't ever seen him in person. I feel like I know him with all his pictures! Can't wait!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home