Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 17, 2006

Just say "NO!"......

......to the Sippy Cup.


"Here's to all of the Nipple-Sucking-Bottle-Loving Babies out there! Just say 'No' to the Sippy Cup!" ---Baby Gage




Okay, so we were going to take Baby Gage off the bottle slowly, and introduce milk/formula in the orthodontic-approved soft spout sippy cup.

Well....after 20 minutes of trying at a time...Gage can just outlast Mom & Dad.
We're trying...but he's just not having any of it.

He's pretty set on the bottle....

I can understand. It's what he's known for the past...9 1/2 months. I mean, in the beginning, there was nursing. But, he was done with that completely by 6 months.

And, even when he was nursing--he'd still get a bottle at times...the contents were just different! Clearly---my child is a big fan of the nipple. Sippy cup=no nipple. That's a spout, and he's not liking the difference.

Now, the pediatrician says he should be off the bottle by 12 months...and he's not gung-ho about this whole thing...

The bottle has been there for him!

Like the Kenny Rogers song....
Here's "Through This Year" by Baby Gage to his bottle...
(to the tune of Kenny Rogers' "Through The Years")


I cant remember when you werent there
When I didnt care for anything but you
I swear weve been through everything there is
Cant imagine anything weve missed
Cant imagine anything the two of us cant do


Through the year, youve never let me down
Even when I turn you upside-down, the sweetest days Ive found
Ive found with you ... through this year...
Ive never been ashamed, Ive loved the life weve made
And Im so glad Ive stayed, right here with you
Through this year...


Dont know what they want me to do
Trying to separate me from you, You know that this is war
I swear I love your fast flow
Cant imagine needing a bottle so
But through this year, it seems to me
I need you more and more


Through the year, through all the good and bad
I knew how much we had, Ive always been so glad
To be with you ... through this year
Its better everyday, youve kissed my tears away
As long as its okay, Ill stay with you
Through the years!


Through this year, when everything went wrong
You bottle, were so strong, I know that I belonged
Right here with you ... through this year
I never had a doubt, the milk would always flow out
Ive learned what loves about, by loving you
Through this year...


Through the year, youve never let me down
Even when I tossed you all around, the sweetest milk Ive found
Sucking on you... through this year
Its better everyday, youve kissed my tears away
As long as its okay, Ill stay with you
Through the years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home