Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 24, 2006

Allergic Reaction & Mama's...OVER-Reaction...

So...last Thursday night, we picked up Subway sandwiches for dinner. Baby Gage was appropriately snuggled into his highchair & pulled up to the dining room table to eat with Daddy & Mama.
Baby Gage ate sandwich bites....pickles, tomatoes, chicken, mayo, wheet bread, and black olives.

So....within just a few minutes, Mama notices Baby Gage's chin turning red...and his cheek...and his upper lip below his nose...and then his other cheek....and then a spot on the inside of his arm...and then three spots on his thigh....it was a RASH!

So of course...I give him 3 ml of Benadryl. And, we call the doctor on call. (hey--that's what I do.) So, then the nurse on call calls me back. She tells me to give him 2 ml more of Benadryl, so we do that. I snapped a couple of pictures of the rash going away....





...and within 10 minutes, he was asleep.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

ooops. I spelled "wheat" incorrectly. forgive me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home