Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Otis made me late this morning...well, almost.

Otis who?
Otis Redding, of course.

Okay, see last night there was this girl on American Idol & she sang an Otis Redding song...said she'd never heard it before. I made the comment, "Who hasnt heard that song before??" Damon thought I was an idiot--I guess because he didnt know the song. So, he challenged me to name the title & artist.
I accepted the challenge, and clearly won. "Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding. I then said that I'm a huge Otis fan. Well, he challenged me again to name more Otis songs.
Okay...Dock of the Bay....then I went blank.

So, I tossed & turned all night with remnants of lyrics going through my head.
This morning---just as I was getting ready to write more song names on the mirror with eye liner, Damon woke up & came in the bathroom. I thought of like 4 or 5 more songs! I dont think that I could think of 5 songs for any other artist.
Anyway. Clearly, I won the challenge & needed to inform Damon this morning.
So...I was almost late.

I should have just called in this morning.
I am seriously so emotionally & physically drained from my day so far, that I dont have the energy to type all about it. But--I was crying at my desk...I've been in my boss's office twice bitching about how frustrated I am...and I do not know what it is that keeps me from just walking out at times. Seriously. So, of course Damon calls when I am crying at my desk...and he thinks that if I cry too much then I will miscarry....which is good & bad for me...anyway--so he calls, and I'm crying and he tells me to just quit & I'll get another job.
Umm..no thanks. I told him that if I am going to have to get another job if I quit this one..then I will just keep this one. If he would tell me, "Sweetie, quit your job & stay at home....just rest & then we'll have the baby...oh, it will be great." Well...if he would just say that, then I would already be at home napping on my couch.

I am so incredibly frustrated with certain limitations of my job...or my role here in this hospital....ugh.

Okay...that's all I have to say for now.
To keep me happy, I'll just think about my little fig baby.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home