Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pretty soon....



Pretty soon, we'll be getting a visit from the Tooth Fairy.
I just know it.
Yesterday, I saw one of Gage's bottom front teeth pointing straight at me. As in, straight forward, rather than pointing up.
Ohmygoodness! It was soooooo freaky!
His little gums there are so swollen & he said that the area is tender.
He was all excited about it yesterday. Not ready to pull it out or anything, but excited.

This morning: he is NOT excited and he began FREAKING OUT on the way to school about the prospect of the tooth actually coming out. He's convinced that ALL of his teeth will fall out and he won't be able to eat anything: most specifically, Rice Krispie Treats. I assured him that when the teeth fall out, 'Big Boy Teeth' grown in their place. I showed him my teeth, and promised that all my baby teeth fell out, and God gave me 'Grown Up Teeth' so that I can chew.

He left for school unconvinced.

Regardless, I think that when the actual even happens, he'll be excited. I told Hubby that we better hit the ATM!

Of course going through this with our son made me think about losing my own teeth as a child. I had a tooth fairy pillow that I just loved. It was shaped like a little bonnet. It was white with red flowers on it. I still have it in a box in my closet.
:)
Once upon a time, I lost a tooth in Houston when I was visiting my Aunt Nell & Uncle Mac. I dropped the tooth down the sink and lost it. Well, that's a bit of an understatment...I lost the tooth and I LOST.IT. I was crying & throwing a fit until my uncle took apart all of the plumbing under the sink and got my tooth. {What a GREAT uncle, right???} And then----I left the tooth under my pillow and you know what? She left me more money than if I'd lost the tooth at home! I was just convinced that kids in Houston routinely got more $$ for their teeth. I was ready to move to Houston!

Which brings me to a question: How much is the tooth fairy doling out these days for kiddie teeth???

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:39 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I'm sure you will get oodles of comments on the tooth fairy money question!

Our Tooth Fairy leaves a dollar, even for the first tooth (remember, they have twenty teeth to lose, so pace yourself!). One time, all we had was a five dollar bill, so Scott/tooth fairy wrote a note explaining how every night, the tooth fairy chooses one special tooth that is the favorite-of-the-night and gives $5 for that one (I like to call it "Daddy's too lazy to run to the gas station and get change").

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Haven't a clue but with inflation, I'm sure you'll be doling out more money than the Tooth Fairy around here ever did!

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

i'll probably end up doing what my tooth fairy did-
for my first tooth, i got a TWO DOLLAR BILL!
which, you know- i convinced everyone that that was worth even more than a regular $2!!

each other tooth brought $1.
(sometimes in change.... ha- i can see that will be me!!)

there's just something "special" about a 2 dollar bill, though.

oh- and- congrats/good luck with this!

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

We give a sweet treat or trinket (tattoos, stickers, sometimes a discounted small toy.)

Kaylie told me the other day that when you lose your sharp teeth you get two things from the tooth fairy. She also told me when you lose your sweet tooth you get a "mother load" of candy. Kids are so silly.

I am excited for Gage to lose his first tooth. We have little coin purses that they put their teeth in. They decorated them.

 
At 9:29 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

I like the idea of $2 bills. You don't see those very often. Let me know if you need some.


p.s. Hope you're having fun in Cali....hurry back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home