Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas with my Mamasita!

So, after we celebrated at our house, it was time to hit the open road. Who's not such a great car traveler??? Ranger. "Oh, he gets car sick? He'll grow out of it." Hmmmm. Not so much.


Who were great travelers?? Gage & Allen!



And what were we super excited to get to?
THIS!


Oh, and family too, of course!
{In all seriousness, if you've never had a Greenberg turkey, you really should put it on your bucket list. It's amazing!}

My goodness, what a big, huge celebration it was!



That night: Gage was coughing, not doing great.
By the time we got to Tyler, my throat was KILLING me. To note, I hate sore throats. Hate them. I'd rather have a toe chopped off than a sore throat. Next worse thing to a sore throat: ear-ache. Ugh. I'd actually choose nausea and vomiting over an ear-ache!
Anyway---it was a long night, which included a trip to the ER, a long wait, and no medical treatment because I just couldn't hang in that long. Went to CVS. Hubby talked me into TheraFlu, which will NEVER happen again. {Hi, my throat hurts. I could take a sip of water & swallow acetominophen pills, or drink this whooooole glass of nastiness. That will involve lots of swallowing, and it hurts when I swallow. Why didn't I think of all this in the aisle at CVS!?}
Anyway---by Saturday morning, I was feeling MUCH better (and thank you for asking). Given Mom's post-op state, we certainly discussed these health concerns with her before taking Gage down there, and my throat issue came on rather suddenly. Even if you ask her now, I'm sure she would say that yes, we were welcome, germs & all.

So, some pictures from Sunday, which was both our Christmas celebration at Darnin & PawPaw's, as well as Darnin's birthday!!! {Darnin=Gage's grandmother, also known as my Mamasita}

Me & Mamasita


Tiff & Mamasita


Darnin & PawPaw


Hubby, who was an AMAZING chef for the event... Bless his heart, he spent the majority of his time in the kitchen!


Mario & Gage


It was wild & crazy at gift opening time....






I found a bottle of wine called "Seven Daughters," which I gave to my mom. {Background on that: My mom is #7 of a sibling group; she's got SIX older SISTERS. Talk about trying for a boy!}



I was busy opening my PawPaw's Grab Bag, which PawPaw does for us girls at Christmas & Easter. They are WONDERFUL! But, because I was busy doing that, there are no pictures of it. PawPaw's Grab Bags are great. We get alllll kinds of fun stuff! Candles, Chapstick, batteries, books, picture holders, all sorts of little odds & ends. And this year, the FAMOUS Tuel/2L facial cleansing system (I got 5 or 6 products) was in my grab bag. AWESOME!!!!!
This year, PawPaw got his very first Grab Bag from us! It had pajama pants, Monkey Bay wine, a hamburger Christmas ornament (b/c he's the Grill Master & in the Summer, he makes PawPaw burgers every Sunday, and they are delightful!), AAA batteries for his workout music player, and some heartfelt thank you notes....



Everyone had fun with the head-scratchers. There are a few of us who don't care for the sensation...but on the whole, everyone seems to like this random & unlikely stocking stuffer....
Hubby being silly with the head-scratcher...



Gage, doing the same...

{and no, that is not a pacifier! it's a ring pop!}

Oh, a great time was had by all, and for the grand-dog, it was quite the exhausting trip... Finally, when the tree skirt was visible, and all the gifts had been passed out, this little guy got to sleep exactly where he wanted...



Before we left, we all enjoyed the chocolate cake that Hubby made for Darnin's birthday. It was delicious & mom said that she could have happily consumed the WHOLE cake if she had been able. That's how YUMMY it was! Thank you, Hubby!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great time - with great and thoughtful presents. LOVE Ranger - he is too cute! What relationship is Allen? Brother, cousin? I must have missed that somewhere?

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Judy said...

My neighbor got a Greenberg turkey - gets one every year - and shared the wealth with us. I'm not a turkey fan at all, but dang, that was GOOD! I had no idea they were there! I ought to get my parents to drive that whopping 30 minutes up to Tyler and pick one up sometime!

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

That is a serious present stash!! I can only imagine how crazy it is with all of those people opening at one time. But what fun!!! Oh, and your mama looks great! I hope she feels the same as she looks! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home